Nobody knows the Greater Mekong like Lonely Planet. Our 2nd edition will take you on a boat down the mighty Mekong, visiting hill-tribes in Thailand, trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan, exploring Angkor's temples in Cambodia, whizzing through the jungle canopy in Laos and kicking back on palm-fringed beaches in Vietnam.Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.In This Guide:Detailed advice on a everything from food and drink to transport and healthFull-color chapter on the Ancient Wonders of the Greater MekongUnique Green Index to help make your travels eco-friendly
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
For sheer global reach and dogged research, attention must be paid to Lonely Planet...' --Los Angeles Times, February 2, 2003
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 174179174X
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX174179174X
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P11174179174X
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2009. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 9781741791747