This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The first edition of this book is regarded as a classic in its field. Now, in an expanded and updated version of The Art of Service's book, the authors once again present a step-by-step guide to ITIL v3 PPO.
This book centers on the ability of an IT organization to deliver and support IT services on a day to day basis. The focus is on practical aspects of the ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle and processes associated with Planning, Protection and Optimization which ensures IT departments can cost-effectively manage customer demand, availability and capacity while mitigating risk.
This book covers practical guidance on the design and implementation of integrated end-to-end processes based on proven industry best practice guidelines.
It provides in-depth knowledge of the ITIL® PPO areas: Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management, Risk Management and Continual Service Improvement.
Planning, Protection and Optimization Best Practices is designed to complement the certified ITIL V3 Capability Programs for IT Service Management. This book focuses on describing the industry best practices for the Planning, Protection and Optimization of IT Services, including:
- Introduction and Overview
- Core Planning, Protection and Optimization Processes: Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management (ITSC)
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Risk Management
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Common Service Activities
- Continual Service Improvement
The information provided in this book is based on version 3 of the ITIL® framework, Other guidance provided includes:
* Example templates.
* Suggested criteria for implementing Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) processes.
* Explanation of the more abstract ITIL concepts to improve understanding.
* Review questions to assist study for the ITIL PPO exam.
Considering the increasing number of IT Professionals and their Organizations who want to be actively involved in IT Service Management, this book should do at least as well as the first edition, which is a bestseller.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want