This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Guide to the Aloes of South Africa is a beautifully illustrated full-color guide that makes it easy for both the layperson and scientist to identify aloes found in the field and in gardens. The book includes:
* Detailed species descriptions of all 125 aloes found in South Africa, with information on the plant’s features, flowering period, habitat and distribution, conservation status, the origin of its scientific and common names, as well as general notes on cultivation and traditional uses of the plant.
* More than 400 color photographs, showing habitat and growth form, as well as close-up photographs of flowers and leaves, and distribution maps of all the species.
* An easy-to-use identification system based mainly on growth habit.
* Introductory chapters that focus on aloe-like plants; medicinal, cosmetic and tonic use of aloes; conservation; cultivation and propagation; gardening and landscaping with aloes; pests and diseases; and aloe hybrids.
* Indexes to scientific and common names, an illustrated glossary and further reading.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
GIDEON SMITH is South Africa’s most prolific author on succulent plants. He has authored and co-authored numerous scientific papers, as well as popular works such as Gardening with Succulents, Cacti and Succulents and First Field Guide to Aloes. He is chief director for Biosystematics Research and Biodiversity Collections at the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-1875093419
Book Description Briza Publications, 2012. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1875093419