The new edition of this popular field guide has been fully revised and updated, making it one of the most comprehensive guides to the land mammals of the subregion. This edition includes:
* An easy-to-use system to identify the mammals in the book
* Detailed species descriptions, including information on the conservation status, size, food, life expectancy, enemies, habits, voice and breeding of more than 120 of the most common land mammals of southern Africa
* More than 200 excellent color photographs of the male and female animals
* Photographs and illustrations of field signs, such as droppings and spoor, as well as distribution maps
* A table illustrating the tracks (spoor) of all the animals featured
* Illustrations showing the difference in size between each animal and a human
* A brand-new section which includes examples from all the families of smaller mammals, such as shrews, elephant shrews, moles, mole rats, bats, rats and mice.
The Mammal Guide of Southern Africa is a must for game watchers, hikers and anyone with a love for nature.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
BURGER CILLIÉ grew up in a home where photography and a love for nature was high priority. Wildlife photography soon became his favorite hobby. Burger's career as a writer started in 1985 when an urgent need was identified for a photographic mammal guide of South Africa. He had numerous mammal photographs and it was fairly easy to formulate a mammal guide. Dr. Rey Smithers (known as a professional writer) assisted and Burger was able to finalize the text and formulate his first book.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Briza Publications, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111875093451
Book Description Briza Publications, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New!. Bookseller Inventory # VIB1875093451
Book Description Briza Publications, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1875093451