Getting more done in less time is probably your #1 goal - and troubled workers are your #1 obstacle to achieving it. That's why we've developed Troublesome People at Work, the perfect resource to help you quickly "fix" your "broken" workers so that you can focus on your own career - and sleep better at night instead of fuming about their annoying, inefficient or possibly dangerous behavior.
It's not always easy to confront an employee who's slipping up, but Troublesome People at Work gives you pointers for identifying when there's a problem, approaching the worker who's struggling and conducting a successful counseling session to make things better. You'll learn:
* Seven rules for disciplining rule-breakers
* The ABCs of feedback
* Seven steps to helping troubled employees
* Tips for handling an angry employee
* How to create a positive work environment
* Five mistakes managers make that cause workers to dig in their heels
* How to formulate an action plan to deal with even the most infuriating employees
The book also includes:
* Specific strategies for coaching marginal workers so they can increase their productivity
* Telltale signs of workers with personal problems, and what you should and shouldn't do in response
* How to counsel rule-breakers and disruptive workers
* Special techniques for dealing with the hard cases, like sexual harassment, hostile attitudes and substance abuse on the job
* Real-life anecdotes that illustrate challenging workplace situations
* An in-depth review of the termination process
* The importance of documenting workers' words and behaviors
You have enough to do - you shouldn't have to pick up the slack for employees who aren't pulling their own weight. Thanks to this problem-solving guide, you'll rest assured that your workers are doing what they were hired to do.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want