Men commonly experience life without deep, meaningful friendships. The aim of this book is to help men achieve high performance friendship. What is high performance friendship? The authors provide an eight-point litmus test that they apply to their own high performance friendship:
1. Take the opportunity to provide selfless acts on behalf of the other.
2. Feel comfortable sharing inner-most thoughts, yet respect the other's private thoughts.
3. Trust the other with that which he holds dear.
4. Support each other when one falls short or fails, and readily grant forgiveness.
5. Appreciate and accept heartfelt constructive criticism.
6. Truly celebrate each other's success without jealousy or envy.
7. Sustain the relationship in spite of distance or time.
8. Refrain from making or tolerating any disparaging remarks about the other, expecially behind his back.
How can we achieve high performance friendship? Why not consider how Christ treated his male friends during His human experience? Could there be a better possible example? This book provides stories and principles of high performance friendship by drawing on the exemplary manner in which Christ treated His friends during His time on earth.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. John Vawter spent 10 years on the staff of Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) in both England and Northwestern USA as Area Director. For eighteen years, he pastored Wayzata Evangelical Free Church in the suburbs of Minneapolis, MN, and Bethany Community Church in Tempe, AZ. He was the president of Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix and Western Seminary in Portland, OR. He has taught doctoral courses in six different seminaries and spoken in seventeen countries.
Dr. James Wetherbe is a professor, author and consultant in the Management of Information Technology. He has spent over forty years in academia and industry, serving on the faculty of the University of Houston, University of Minnesota, University of Memphis, and Texas Tech University. Author of over thirty books, he has lectured worldwide on leadership, communications and information technology.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mead Publishing. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1883096065 . Bookseller Inventory # HGT3175MHAT103116H0219P
Book Description Mead Publishing. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1883096065. Bookseller Inventory # HGT2191CFGG020217H0374
Book Description Mead Publishing, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1883096065
Book Description Mead Publishing, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111883096065