This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
"The Best Options for Diagnosing and Treating Prostate Cancer" is a general help for anyone who has this disease. Chapters include:
* The best changes to make to possibly prevent prostate cancer
* The best tumor marker for monitoring prostate cancer for treatment
* The best choice for staging localized prostate cancer
* The best method for conducting a prostate biopsy
* The best method for applying external beam radiation to prostate cancer
* The best complementary therapy for prostate cancer patients
* The best radiation treatment for prostate cancer
* The best treatment for multiple bone sites
* The best combination of drugs for prostate cancer
* Developing a diagnostic and treatment plan by considering the "bests"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
James Lewis, Jr., Ph.D. has made it his life's mission to provide prostate cancer patients with the information they need to successfully fight their disease. By meeting with top researchers, physicians, and specialists, Dr. James Lewis has built a tremendous knowledge base about prostate cancer.
Dr. Lewis has a B.A. in education, an M.S. in special education, and a Ph.D. in education administration. Before his own battle with prostate cancer, he had a long and distinguished career in education.
In 1993 he wrote the best-selling book, "How I Survived Prostate Cancer...And So Can You." More than 70,000 copies of that book have been sold. Most recently, he has authored "The Herbal Remedy for Prostate Cancer" and "Best Options for Diagnosing and Treating Prostate Cancer." Lewis also co-authored the critically acclaimed "New Guidelines for Surviving Prostate Cancer" with E. Roy Berger, M.D.Review:
"Before reading this book, I didn't know that prostRcision is more effective than surgery -- as evidenced by two 10-year survival studies -- and has fewer side effects. Why don't more men know this? I'm circulating Dr. Lewis' previous book around to other patients in my support group." -- C.P., Detroit, MI
"Thanks to Dr. Lewis, I got an MRSI to determine if my prostate cancer was beyond my capsule before undergoing surgery -- it was! This book saved me from having unnecessary surgery." -- D.B., Jericho, NY
"This book mentions the first complementaty therapy shown to treat a condition of prostate cancer known as hormone refractory disease. Boy, was I happy to learn this!" -- D.K., Tampa, FL
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Health Education Literary Pub, 1999. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX1883257042
Book Description Health Education Literary Pub, 1999. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1883257042
Book Description Health Education Literary Pub, 1999. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111883257042