Whether you own a Colorado small business with just a few employees or manage human resources in Colorado for a multi national corporation, this book is for you. Written in plain English, organized in a straight forward, logical fashion, and covering all of the major issues confronting Colorado employers, this book will help you to answer common employment law questions, such as:
* When interviewing a job applicant, what can I ask, and what can't I ask?
* Does our Employee Handbook create an unintended employment contract?
* Will the IRS think our independent contractors are really employees?
* What is illegal harassment, how do I prevent it, and how do I deal with complaints?
* How do I fire an employee without getting sued?
* When do we need a lawyer?
Employment Law: An Essential Guide for Colorado Employers explores Colorado employment law basics from hiring to firing. It provides clear explanations of what you need to know about the many different federal and state laws and regulations governing the employer-employee relationship, along with practical guidance for everyday workplace issues.
* Things to consider before hiring any employee
* Making the most of your legal protections
* Avoiding common legal mistakes
* Record keeping and required postings
* Equal Employment Opportunity compliance *Dealing with employee termination
* What to do when things go wrong
* Internet resources for employers
* Checklists and step-by-step guides
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Kimberlie K. Ryan, founder of The Ryan Law Firm, L.L.C., is a former "big-firm" attorney and Colorado native. Having represented companies of all sizes in employment matters, as well as individuals, she has a broad perspective from "both sides of the fence."Review:
A book that any lawyer, human resource manager, or any person who operates a business can use. -- --N. Nora Nye, Labor and Employment Attorney
Fantastic resource for small to mid size employers-great reference/review for HR professionals. You shouldn't be without this tool. -- --Brenda B. Ridgley, PHR Business Owner & HR Professional
Practical advice for the human resources professional. It would be a great addition to any employer's human resources library -- --David R. Fine Kelly, Haglund, Garnsey, Kahn LLC
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Bradford Publishing Company, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P11188372693X
Book Description Bradford Publishing Company, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M188372693X