New England Immigrant Researchers, START HERE! Conceived with the goal "to provide a concise, reliable summary of past research on the early immigrants to New England, which will reduce the amount of time which must be spent in discovering past work..." this impressive survey of over one thousand 17th Century immigrants is a MUST HAVE for anyone engaged in early New England research.
Millions of Americans can trace their Old World roots through these original American colonists. Each biographical "sketch" provides a wealth of information with citations to other sources, providing a foundation for further research.
Sketch details include
- Location from which the subject immigrated, date of migration, and the immigrant's first New England residence.
- Biographic information such as occupation, church membership, education, civil and military offices, and information about the immigrant's estate.
- Information particularly valuable for family history research, including the immigrant's children and dates of births, deaths, and marriages. - - -
- Information that doesn't fit under any other section and detailed argumentation needed to prove portions of the profile. The argumentation can establish the identity of a spouse or the complete list of an immigrant's children. The fifth section of a profile lists the most important published treatments of the immigrant and offers a brief evaluation of each source.
Data is gleaned from a variety of sources including:
- Passenger Lists
- Lists of Freemen
- Colony & Court Records
- Notarial Records
- Town Records
- Vital Records
- Land Records
- Church Records
- Journals & Letters
- Other miscellaneous sources
Enjoy AncestryView Searching
Originally published in three volumes, this convenient CD-ROM puts the wealth of data contained in this unparalleled series at your fingertips. Search by name, date, or any other keyword or phrase. Instantly retrieve every record detail, get answers to frequently asked questions, and access help tools to assist you in finding precisely what you've been looking for. The details of your New England heritage are just a click away!
Minimum System Requirements:
-486/33 processor (Pentium recommended)
-Windows 95 or better
-16mb RAM, 15mb hard disk space
-Monitor with 800x600 pixel display, 16 bit color or higher.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
One of the world's most important genealogical collections is now on CD-ROM, offering a wealth of information about early New England settlers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want