This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The elegant prose of America’s Revolutionary generation is found in this series of chapbook
biographies by US Constitution historian John P. Kaminski, who adds dimension to the
historic dramas of revolution and nation-making. Unlike traditional biographies, these
chapbooks emphasize the character, mannerisms, and physical appearance of the subjects
as they were known to their contemporaries. In a unique way, the illuminating vignettes
and “behind-the-curtain” glimpses of both well-known and obscure events provide a new
perspective on the Founding generation.
· George Washington: “The Man of the Age” 978-1-893311-99-2 (117 pages, 5 x 9)
· Thomas Jefferson: Philosopher and Politician 978-1-893311-59-6 (94 pages, 5 x 9)
· James Madison: Champion of Liberty and Justice 978-1-893311-65-7 (110 pages, 5 x 9)
· Lafayette: The Boy General 978-1-893311-84-8 (116 pages, 5 x 9)
· Abigail Adams: An American Heroine 978-1-893311-93-0 (134 pages, 5 x 9)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John P. Kaminski is the founder and director of the Center for the Study of the American Constitution in the Department of History at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he is also editor of the multivolume Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution. A professor emeritus from the College of Letters and Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, he is the author or editor of twenty-five other books on early American history.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description University of Chicago press. Condition: New. Brand New. Seller Inventory # 1893311937
Book Description Wisconsin Historical Society, 2015. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 134 pages. 9.00x5.00x0.40 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 1893311937