This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Southeast Asia is vast and the variety and scope of what’s on offer is truly mind-boggling. Whether trekking to the jungle-thronged temples of Cambodia, plunging head-first into the seething metropolis that is Bangkok or discovering your own idyllic paradise amongst Thailand’s islands, Footprint’s 3rd edition of the Southeast Asia Handbook is the perfect guidebook for the intrepid traveller wanting to explore the length and breadth of this fascinating and diverse region.
The heart of the guide is divided by country and region, giving comprehensive information on Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Each country and region has an overview map which includes ‘Don’t miss’ destinations, local information on how to get around, detailed street maps where relevant, and an Essentials section with information on banks, embassies, emergency services and local festivals. Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
· Essentials section with tips on getting there and around.
· Our recommended itineraries to help you plan your trip whether you’re travelling for two weeks or three months
· In-depth information on Bangkok, Hong Kong and Singapore, the main travel hubs
· Comprehensive listings of where to eat and sleep throughout the region
· Detailed street maps for important towns and cities
· Full-color mini atlas section to help you plan your trip and get your bearings
From the palm-fringed white beaches to the sumptuous cuisine, Footprint’s fully updated 3rd edition will help you get to the heart of this incredible and varied region.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
· Expert authors Andrew and Paul know Southeast Asia inside out and have travelled extensively throughout the region researching this new edition
· Comprehensive coverage of the main attractions, plus dozens of activities and adventures that will help you get off the beaten track
· In-depth information about history, culture and politics
· Inspirational trip-planning section with itineraries, plus maps and a special feature section on divingAbout the Author:
Andrew Spooner is a feature, travel and sports writer and photographer. His work appears regularly in the British national newspapers Independent on Sunday, The Independent, The Guardian, The Observer as well as CNN Traveller, GQ magazine and Bike. Broadcast activity includes regular appearances as a Southeast Asia and travel expert for Sky News as well as reporting on breaking news stories in the region for the British media. He has also taught Media and journalism, part time, at the University of East London. In his previous life Andrew travelled through the underbelly of Europe with various punk rock bands and he still likes loud music played badly. After travelling to Thailand in 1989, Andrew developed a fascination with the country and now shares his time between Bangkok and London. Andrew is also the author of Footprint’s Thailand and Cambodia guidebooks.
Paul Dixon has travelled extensively in Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Indian subcontinent. He has spent the last nine years living and working in Indonesia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and China as an English teacher. When not preparing his students for exams, Paul writes travel articles for several foreign magazines and travel websites, as well as helping to research and write guidebooks for Footprint. Paul is the author Footprint’s Borneo and Malaysia & Singapore guidebooks.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 3rd edition. 1188 pages. 7.25x4.75x1.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk1907263519
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111907263519
Book Description Footprint Handbooks. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1907263519 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.1742242
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. Third. Seller Inventory # DADAX1907263519
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2012. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1907263519
Book Description Footprint Handbooks. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1907263519 Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Seller Inventory # XM-1907263519