This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
South America is epic. Home to the world’s highest waterfall, the longest mountain range and the largest rainforest – this continent will baffle you with its enormity. While cities like Rio de Janeiro swing to the sounds of samba, locals jostle around market stalls in Cuzco and indigenous farmers offer prayers to Pachamama – Mother Earth. Footprint’s 90th edition of the South American Handbook is the ideal guidebook for adventure hungry travelers. From Inca ruins and tropical jungles to the vast open plains of Patagonia – Footprint’s revised and updated guide to South America provides comprehensive coverage, enabling you to escape the crowd and discover the continent for yourself.
· Highlights section so you know what not to miss
· Practical information on how to get to each country and around, plus suggested itineraries to help you plan your trip, whether you are travelling for a week or a month
· Well researched cultural and historical background sections
· Tips for travelling with your kids
· The core of the guide provides comprehensive coverage of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, the Guianas, and the Falkland Islands.
· Each country and region has an overview map which includes ‘Don’t miss’ destinations, local information on how to get around and detailed street maps where relevant
· Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
Now in its 90th edition, Footprint’s legendary South America Handbook covers the continent in amazing detail, enabling you to explore for yourself. From sexy carnivals to shuddering glaciers, this guide will open your way to the irresistible spirit of the world’s greatest continent.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
· Updated annually, ensuring you have the most accurate and reliable guide available
· Expert author Ben knows South America inside out; he has travelled extensively throughout the continent researching this new edition
· Durable, compact, lightweight books that are portable and designed for the rigours of independent travel
· Comprehensive coverage of the main attractions, plus dozens of activities and adventures that will help you get off the beaten track
· In-depth information about history, culture and politics
· Inspirational trip planning with itineraries and maps
About the Author:
Ben Box has been working on the South American Handbook for over 30 years and is a Latin America expert.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1907263772
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 90 edition. 1584 pages. 7.25x4.75x1.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk1907263772
Book Description Footprint Handbooks. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1907263772 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0812380
Book Description Footprint Handbooks, 2013. Hardcover. Condition: New. Other. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1907263772n