Great leadership is “the art of moving people and situations profitably”. This book simply, yet profoundly, sets out these lessons, with clear and current examples of their implementation:
* Confidence: true confidence stems from a knowledge of life, people and the technical aspects of all spheres of a situation/business.
* E-Do factor: people are complex beings, yet life is simple and comprises only two processes—evaluating and doing.
* Do-Done principle: this must be one of the oldest teachings around—do to others as you’d have done to you.
* Law of movement: since great leadership is the art of movement it is necessary to look at what factors make for effective movement.
* Adjustor: no plan or task, whether corporate or personal, is ever without its obstacles.
* Resistance to movement: learning that resistance is not necessarily your enemy, but rather a worthy opponent.
* Attitudinal modes: this is not simply about positive thoughts reaping positive rewards.
* Confrontation: most people avoid confrontation altogether while others innately believe it will be unpleasant so launch into any confrontational situation in defence-mode.
These are just a few of the principles set out in this book. It is logically and simply constructed and makes use of examples that a parent can apply to a home environment as well as a CEO to the boardroom.
See more with the author at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85wjXUaiMc
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
ADRIAAN GROENEWALD was born in 1967 and has lived most his life in Pretoria, South Africa. He is a respected radio and television host, he writes regular pieces for various business magazines and newspapers and has a regular business page in The Star every Thursday. He is the CEO of the Moditure Group, a leadership-based company involved in training and consultation. He has interviewed hundreds of people from sports coaches and managers, to politicians and CEOs of both multinational corporations and banks. Adriaan co-authored CEO Leadership Handbook. He has a BA in psychology and a post-graduate degree from the University of Hull in the UK.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description 30 Degrees South, 2008. Book Condition: Very Good. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP61914110
Book Description 30 Degrees South Publishers 2008-04-01, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Like New. Unused. Paperback. Bookseller Inventory # 047097-18
Book Description 30 Degrees South Publishers 2008-04-01, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Like New. Paperback. Bookseller Inventory # 018830-4
Book Description 30 Degrees South, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Bookseller Inventory # SONG1920143289