This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Nothing can steer an artist off course quicker than constant rejection. It’s the fuel for procrastination and leads to the most dangerous thing, "self-doubt." However, you don’t have to suffer from the same downward spiral anymore. In this extended discussion between Tim Sweeney and John Dawes (co-authors of The Complete Guide to Internet Promotion for Musicians, Artists & Songwriters and Using Email Effectively as an Artist or Songwriter) you will learn the philosophy and strategies taught to only a handful of the most successful artists in the industry, some of which may be your musical influences.
In Growing Thicker Skin: Learning How to Handle Rejection as an Artist, you’ll learn how to move forward from being an artist that is tormented by self-doubt to one that is "self-sufficient." Here is what this candid conversation between Tim Sweeney and John Dawes covers:
1. Clues on how the image presented in your promotional materials leads to industry pros ignoring you and not returning phone calls and emails.
2. The correct way to present yourself before, during and after live shows.
3. What being in the "public eye" really means and what you may perceive to be rejection is nothing more than you reaching out to the wrong audience or not communicating correctly to industry and fans.
4. How your decision to accept rejection causes self-doubt, when in reality, rejection can be used to your benefit.
5. How your web site can be a great cause of rejection online as well as offline.
6. How to grow "thicker skin" by defining what being "popular" really means to you.
This audio book is part of an ongoing series that focuses on teaching you how to communicate who you are as an artist so that your music will have more impact and the value of what you have to say will influence more people. To learn more about this unique approach to artist development logon to MusicHosting.net for more information about our audio programs and artist services.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who is Tim Sweeney?
Tim Sweeney is the entertainment industry’s premier consultant. Over the last 22 years he has helped develop the careers and consulted with thousands of music artists, book authors, film makers and visual artists. He is the private consultant to Presidents and CEO’s of major record companies, large retailers and entertainment companies, and Internet based companies. His books are read by artists in over 35 countries around the world and used in music business courses taught by major colleges and universities across the country.
Who is John Dawes?
John Dawes is the founder and president of MusicHosting.net, a company specializing in web hosting and design of artist web sites which have become the industry standard. John has consulted hundreds of artists and record companies, and developed several educational music business web sites. He is co-author of The Complete Guide to Internet Promotion for Musicians, Artists & Songwriters with Tim Sweeney, and has written and spoken extensively on the subject of online music business.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want