This guide shows when, where and how to find and enjoy birds that migrate through Central and Western New York as well as ones that take up year-round residence. There are maps and directions for travel on foot, by canoe or kayak, by bicycle and even a few where you don't have to leave your car.
In this guide, you will learn:
· Why Central & Western NY is a prime birdwatching area
· Where to go to find specific species of birds
· When is the best time to look for certain species
· Simple keys to bird identification
· History of bird development and how it affects where you're likely to find them today
· How to have fun outdoors with minimal environmental impact
· Recommendations for selecting binoculars
· Tips on photographing, video recording, and sound recording birds for added enjoyment
· How to keep a personal birding log
Birdwatching is a year-round activity that can be enjoyed by everyone. Join the flock with
Birding in Central and Western New York.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Norman E. Wolfe has been a bird lover most of his life and has taken an active role in bird education and nature projects. He was a scout leader for over 20 years where he enjoyed introducing boys to the wonders of nature and birds in particular. He took his scouts on many canoe camping trips throughout the northeast and Canada.
He built many bird trails, including bluebird trails, in upstate New York where he resides.
Mr. Wolfe is a member of Cornell Lab of Ornithology, the National Audubon Society, and supports Ducks Unlimited. He works with local country clubs as a habitat, bird, and nature consultant to establish their certification in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf Courses.
In addition to birding, Mr. Wolfe enjoys nature photography and many other outdoor activities. He is a musician who has been known to carry his guitar outdoors (the piano is too heavy) and share his music in natural settings.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Footprint Press (NY), 2001. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 17AUG2533
Book Description Footprint Press (NY), 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1930480008
Book Description Footprint Press (NY), 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111930480008