A standards-based first grade writing curriculum. The author, an experienced teacher, has sequenced the skills first grade writers need to acquire. The weekly lessons are fun and engaging while teaching first grade appropriate skills. This program transitions first graders from picture labeling to complete sentences and then paragraphs. This 700+ page program focuses on ideas, organization, sentence fluency, spelling, conventions, and much more! This first grade writing program includes 33 weeks of writing workshops that incorporate art, science, social studies, math, and music. You will find everything you need in this first grade writing program including detailed step-by-step instructions, all lesson related templates, and actual student writing samples.
EACH WEEK INCLUDES:
· An overview of the weeks plan and objective.
· Five writing lessons.
· A spelling activity.
· A grammar or conventions activity.
· All templates needed for the weeks writing activities.
· Instruction or reference sheets covering various topics.
· A peer editing checklist.
WRITING LESSONS COVERING:
· Sentence and paragraph writing
· Grouping and categorizing ideas
· Descriptive writing
· Transitional words and phrases
· Main ideas & conclusions
· How to write a friendly letter
· Narrative writing
· Expository writing
· Informational writing
· Introduction to the graphic organizer & brainstorming charts
· Venn diagrams
·Field trip reporting
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)