With a foreword from investing legend Charles Schwab, Investing Success is a practical, easy-to-understand guide that helps people take control of their financial lives, and avoid or fix common money management and investing mistakes.
By reading Investing Success, you will discover:
* Whether you're truly ready to invest in the stock market - or if you're investing "prematurely"
* How to determine if a potential investment is right for you
* Which simple rules of investing work, and which don't
* The biggest buying and selling blunders that investors make - and how to avoid or fix them
* Tried-and-true ways to help overcome your emotions and make smarter investing decisions
* The do's and don'ts of dealing with financial advisors (such as stockbrokers, CPAs, and financial planners)
* How to minimize your worries about investing and start multiplying your wealth!
Even if you've never invested before, author Lynnette Khalfani provides simple and straight-forward instructions about how to get your financial house in order - by getting rid of credit card debt, boosting your savings and taking care of the financial basics.
The best part about Lynnette's advice is that it will work in any environment - bull or bear market, a thriving economy or a recession.
By adopting the strategies that Lynnette recommends, you will feel confident managing your money, and will achieve financial and investing success!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Over the past decade, veteran financial journalist and former Wall Street Journal reporter Lynnette Khalfani has interviewed more than 1,000 financial planners, stockbrokers, money managers, and other investment professionals. Additionally, she has communicated with scores of investors through her columns, workshops and seminars, giving audiences practical, educational, and easy-to-understand financial information.
Investing Success is the product of Lynnette’s extensive research into what it takes to become a more successful investor – and what pitfalls should be avoided.
If you’ve ever purchased the wrong investment, sold a stock at the wrong time, or hired the wrong financial advisor, Investing Success will help you sidestep such mistakes in the future.
Investing Success is packed with hundreds of ideas and strategies for the novice and sophisticated investor alike. The advice contained in this book represents the wisdom of some of the top experts in finance, as well as real-life investors – people just like you! – who speak frankly about their own investing miscalculations and what they learned from those situations.
By reading Investing Success, you will discover:
· Whether you’re truly ready to invest in the stock market – or if you’re investing "prematurely"
· How to determine if a potential investment is right for you
· Which simple rules of investing work, and which don’t
· The biggest buying and selling blunders that investors make – and how to avoid or fix them
· Tried-and-true ways to help overcome your emotions and make smarter investing decisions
· The do’s and don’ts of dealing with financial advisors (such as stockbrokers, CPAs, and financial planners)
· How to minimize your worries about investing and start multiplying your wealth!
Lynnette Khalfani contends that unsuccessful investors focus on products (fretting over the "best" stock to buy or the "hottest" mutual fund), while successful investors focus on the process of investing.
In Investing Success, Lynnette outlines the five crucial phases of the investing process:
· Strategizing to meet your goals and needs
· Buying the right investments for your portfolio
· Adequately holding/monitoring your investments
· Selling investments in a judicious manner; and
· Dealing effectively with financial advisors
If you want to learn to master these five phases of investing, Lynnette provides a roadmap that anyone can follow. You will then be well on your way to reaching your goals – whether you’re planning for retirement, saving for a child’s college education, or simply trying to achieve financial freedom.
Even if you’ve never invested before, Lynnette provides easy-to-follow instructions about how to get your financial house in order – by getting rid of credit card debt, boosting your savings and taking care of the financial basics.
The best part about Lynnette’s advice is that it will work in any environment – bull or bear market, a thriving economy or a recession.
By adopting the strategies that Lynnette recommends, you will be able to take control of your financial future, feel confident about investing, and achieve investing success!About the Author:
Lynnette Khalfani is a personal finance expert, nationally syndicated columnist, and the author of Investing Success: How To Conquer 30 Costly Mistakes & Multiply Your Wealth!
A veteran financial news journalist and former Wall Street Journal reporter, Lynnette began writing a weekly syndicated newspaper column called "Financially Fit" in April 2003. Before that, Lynnette worked as a television reporter at CNBC, where she filed weekly segments on personal finances and investing, and conducted online chat sessions on CNBC.com.
Lynnette frequently appears on NBC’s Early Today show. She has also been the Personal Finance Columnist/Editor for Dow Jones Newswires, a correspondent for the Philadelphia Inquirer, a writer for a FOX-TV affiliate in Philadelphia, and a reporter for the Associated Press in Los Angeles. Additionally, Lynnette is a dynamic public speaker who gives educational workshops and lectures about financial planning, money management, and investing.
Lynnette is now working on the second book in the Investing SuccessTM series, called Investing Success For Women.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Advantage World Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1932450505
Book Description Advantage World Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1932450505 SIGNED COPY!! NEW WITH DUST COVER HAWAII AND ALASKA CUSTOMERS PLEASE USE PRIORITY SHIPPING ONLY SHIPS 2 BUS DAYS. Bookseller Inventory # SKU1026132
Book Description Advantage World Press, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111932450505
Book Description Advantage World Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1932450505 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1749861