A girl, born illegitimately in a small town where "bastard " children were not readily acceptable, who survived sexual and spoisal abuse but never dwelled on being a victim.
-a lifelong effort to win the approval of her real father
- meeting the right man and combining his three children and her four so there was never any
"yours" and "mine" only and always "ours".
- a family of five daughters and two sons who were willing to take some unbelievable risks
- an extended family that for over twelve-and-a-half years opened their home to juveniles, many of whom had been condemned as delinquents. Over two hundred kids, whom society had failed, and some parents had rejected, lived at Windy Hill. Not all of their stories are told, but some heart warming successes as well as heartbreaking failures are shared.
- a father who quit his job when there were many mouths to feed to start his own business and make his dream--the American dream come true.
- the struggles of a woman who takes on politics where discrimination was rampant and who constantly struggled with an unyielding bureaucracy.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
I began writing this story more or less to simply benifit myself. Hoping that recording my past, looking at it objectively would enhance my ability to forgive all who were involved. I then realized that others had perhaps lived in similar situations. I then decided to share it all in hopes that it might give strength to at least one person and offend no one. I have heard from several who have read WINDY HILL and am pleased that this book in truth has been helpful.From the Back Cover:
These stories are shared because she believes the life lessons she has learned might be helpful to others. WINDY HILL belongs to many, and she was just the person to tell the story.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1932581189
Book Description Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111932581189
Book Description Washington House, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1932581189