Here is the new Zombie Notes with the AHA ECC 2010/11 updates. This study guide, updated 03/10/15, includes the most important information healthcare professionals must memorize to be successful on the certification exam for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Although a lot of information is included here, it is easy to see, easy to read, and easy to follow. Many thousands of hospitals, colleges, RNs, PAs, and MDs, and other healthcare professionals have used this study chart. These charts were first developed by Michele and her husband Joe in 1984. They have progressed to their current form, and are kept up-to-the-minute accurate. Please email Michele if you have any questions about this study guide, or any aspect of nursing. This study guide can also be purchased on Amazon as a laminated chart.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
What are Zombie Notes study guides?
1. Zombie Notes study guides are short, to-the-point study guides.
2. They are all designed to be especially useful to someone approaching a subject for the first time.
3. Some are designed with a specific certification or exam in mind.
4. All are designed to give the student the most important information that must be memorized.
Why did we make the Zombie Notes study guides?
1. There are other study guides available.
2. Some of them are very good and serve an important function for students.
3. But these other laminated study guides are typically jamming an entire semester of material into two or four pages.
4. They are very hard to understand, much less study from, because they are designed for students that have already mastered the subject.
5. They are typically marketed as a review to be used at the end of the semester - before a final exam.
6. This doesn't help a student approaching a subject for the first time.
7. As educators, we believe that we have a responsibility to help the students be successful in a subject.
8. After many years in college, graduate school, and post graduate school, we realized that most educators don't care how successful a student is.
10. Most teachers feel that they are doing their job by teaching, and the rest is up to the students.
11. We do not like this attitude.
12. We believe that a student's success is a direct result of our efforts as educators.
13. By helping students understand a subject right from the beginning of the semester, the students are then well prepared for the final exam.
How do I use the Zombie Notes study guides?
1. Zombie Notes are a supplement to your regular studies.
2. These study guides simply help the student get a strong foot-hold on the subject.
3. All of our study guides can be used before studying a subject.
4. If a student memorizes the information on our study guides, they will have a very strong foundation in that subject.
What is the story behind the Zombie Notes study guides?
1. Zombie Notes study guides were first developed by Joseph and Michele Kunz in 1984 to help their students prepare for exams. Over the years, all of our study guides have been refined and kept up to date.
2. Our students are very busy people.
3. We needed a way to get them up-to-speed on certain subjects.
4. There is also very specific information that we needed our students to know, and know it cold.
5. All the information that we expect our students to always know, we put into chart form.
6. Everyone of our students know exactly what we expect them to know.
7. Not everyone has the time to read the entire textbook of the subject, nor can they understand all of it.
8. The Zombie Notes started as a simple print-out that we gave out in class.
9. As our students spread out across America, the demand for them increased.
10. We began selling them as a laminated chart through Amazon.com/.
I am an AHA Certified Instructor and specialize in providing AHA Certification classes in ACLS, BCLS, PALS, and PEARS. Visit my website at MicheleKunz.com to see more about me, my classes, my books, study guides, essays, and articles.
You can also visit my blog at TheNurseEducator.com for more info. You can also watch my videos at YouTube.com/MicheleKunz/.
I have been a clinical nursing educator for over 25 years. During those years, I have helped many thousands of nurses improve their own job performance and increase their own job satisfaction. I consider myself to be a nurse's nurse, because I am not hidden away in a classroom or office, but out on the floor everyday - interacting with hospital management, the nurses, the patients, and the physicians.
For many years I was the Director of Nursing Education and Informatics at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. I was in the LICH Nursing Education Department for 25 years. I developed the desire to teach nurses over 30 years ago when I was an ICU nurse at Staten Island University Hospital. It was at SIUH that I realized that I could learn how to be a better nurse by teaching the other nurses. I haven't stopped teaching since then.
I am now the Director of Nursing Education & Research at Mercy Medical Center in Rockville Centre, Long Island, NY.
I am also the Director of Medical Education at Dickson Keanaghan, LLC, a company that my husband Joe and I started, where we train and certify the medical staff of over 500 hospitals, medical offices, and surgi-centers on Long Island and New York City.
Michele is also the editor of Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale - available on Amazon.com/.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want