· A supplementary guide for students who are learning how to evaluate reports of empirical research published in academic journals.
· Your students will learn the practical aspects of evaluating research, not just how to apply a laundry list of technical terms from their textbooks.
· Each chapter is organized around evaluation questions. For each question, there is a concise explanation of how to apply it in the evaluation of research reports.
· Numerous examples from journals in the social and behavioral sciences illustrate the application of the evaluation questions. Students see actual examples of strong and weak features of published reports.
· Commonsense models for evaluation combined with a lack of jargon make it possible for students to start evaluating research articles the first week of class.
· The structure of this book enables students to work with confidence while evaluating articles for homework.
· Avoids oversimplification in the evaluation process by describing the nuances that may make an article publishable even though it has serious methodological flaws. Students learn when and why certain types of flaws may be tolerated. They learn why evaluation should not be performed mechanically.
· This book received very high student evaluations when field-tested with students just beginning their study of research methods.
· Contains more than 60 new examples from recently published research. In addition, minor changes have been made throughout for consistency with the latest edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Book In Mint condition. Shipping with Trackable Method. No APO/FPO Addresses Please. Bookseller Inventory # 9781936523344NHS
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-81629
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-118286
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB118286
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-81629
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-118286
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1936523345 Brand New Book in Perfect Condition.Fast Shipping with tracking number. Bookseller Inventory # KADA-ADHYA-3767
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1936523345. Bookseller Inventory # SKU014032
Book Description Taylor Fransis. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 1936523345
Book Description Routledge, 2014. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9781936523344 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE01171707