Unfinished Business: Small Group Experience Leader's Guide
Small Group Leader's Guide
- If you are a person who wants to see people live in freedom and intimacy with God, this study is a tool you will want to consider.
- Based on and written to supplement The Key to Deep Change: Experiencing Spiritual Transformation by Facing Unfinished Business, by Dr. Steve Smith, this leader's manual gives the 10-week study facilitator essential added information to guide a group of Christians who have started asking questions about why they are stuck on their faith journey --struggling to keep well-hidden sin under control, making damaging decisions, or falling back into destructive behavior.
- Co-written with Steve's wife, Shirley, these this study is suitable for both men and women.
- You will be able to use this study to give them a clear pathway and the tools for understanding themselves and for discovering the power of grace through intimacy with God.
- This guide includes all the material in the Participant's Guide and intersperses it question by question with the concepts and direction you will need to be looking for in their discussion of the material.
- You will also be able to help participants trek with others in community, learning to confess secrets that hold sway over their lives and to encourage, rather than condemn people, who struggle with sin.
- Included in this study is access to online personal inventory tools the participants will use. Each of the studies will lead progressively towards becoming unstuck on the faith journey, gaining a deepening trust in God which enables them to move on towards being conformed to the likeness of Jesus.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
- Steve and Shirley Smith have been teaching, counseling and training people about their unfinished business for twenty years.
- Steve leads Unfinished Business Seminars for churches and has developed materials for small groups titled Unfinished Business: Small Group Experience which is based on his book and is also available on Amazon.
- Steve is a regional leader with Converge Worldwide, involved with a variety of cultures in the Southeast United States.
- Besides his Unfinished Business Seminars, he consults with churches in developing healthy church systems using material he wrote called Increasing Church Capacity, as well as leading struggling congregations through a church renewal process called Upgrade.
- His website is ChurchEquippers.com
- Much of his time is spent in mentoring pastors and young Christian leaders and guiding churches toward health, as well as networking evangelical groups and movements across the spectrum of church cultures to work together toward planting multiplying churches.
- He has been married to his wife, Shirley, editor at ChurchEquippers, for 38 years and they have four children, three grandchildren, and a black Shitzu dog. Steve is an extensive reader and has wide interests including travel, trivia, history, Jane Austen, the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and Sudoku.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.