This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Japanese for College Students is a genuinely integrated, comprehensive course for learning every aspect of beginning Japanese: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. It utilizes a functional approach tried and proved in the classrooms of International Christian University, known for the excellence and experience of its staff. In three volumes, the series contains 300 hours of study, 2,000 words, and 450 kanji.
Volume 3 is concerned with social and public situations relevant to college life, enabling the student make formal introductions, make use of polite expressionis, and ask permission. This volume can be used with three separately sold cassettes tapes, totally 170 minutes of listening.
Features of Japanese for College Students
Listening and Speaking
* Varied, ready-to-use drill exercises make preparation a snap
* All activities within the text-no additional workbooks to buy
* Focused exercises utilize essential vocabulary
* Functional approach emphasizes quick attainment of useful skills
* Hundreds of additional related exercises included in the Teacher's Manual.
* Set of tapes (sold separately) enhances the speed and fluency of language learning
* Clear, straightforward explanations
* Plentiful examples eliminate the need for confusing, semi-grammatical terms
* Two Comprehensive grammar indexes (English and Japanese) for easy reference to the text
* Cultural and linguistic information provided as necessary
* Relevant, interesting, and up-to-date material
* Passages integrate previously learned material while concentrating on new vocabulary
* Two vocabulary indexes give definitions, kanji, and the place first introduced in the text
* Traditional Japanese subscript pronunciation guide (rubi) added where necessary
* Both horizontal and vertical printing are given, as well as hand-written passages
* Comprehension checks and reading/writing activities accompany each passage
* Employs the three Japanese scripts-hiragana, katakana, and kanji-from the outset
* Kanji introduced according to relevance and frequency of use
* New kanji presented with all common readings and stroke order
* Kanji index makes it easy to find previously introduced characters
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Icu is a Kodansha International author.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Kodansha USA, 1997. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M4770021100
Book Description Kodansha USA. Audiobook CASSETTE. Condition: New. 4770021100 Box has very light wear. Tapes are still in plastic. Seller Inventory # CORV-BBC-0K65641
Book Description Kodansha USA, 1997. Audio Cassette. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 4770021100n