This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The book on Acquired Mitochondropathy offers a new perspective on the understanding and the treatment of chronic ailments. Addressing a new paradigm deemed necessary, since in one of every four adults in the western world chronic ailments are on the rise. Resulting from energy dysfunction of cellular organelles, the mitochondria, the most of the common symptoms the physician faces during medical consultation are presented. An increasing focus on chronic disabilities presents difficulties for the busy practitioner, since patients typically describe a complex pattern of discomfort, disability, and distress, with pain affecting physical, social, and psychological functioning, which have to be put in the proper perspective. Since clinicians must efficiently condense widely varied symptomatic descriptions into characteristic patterns to permit accurate diagnosis and implement effective treatment, this book serves as a useful educational resource for the healthcare provider.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Acquired Mitochondropathy – A New Paradigm in Western Medicine offers a broad-based perspective on the subject of mitochondropathy, corroborated by extensive data from basic research, which is translated into clinical practise. Identification of the underlying biochemical derangement, the assessment of causes of the ailment and its management is comprehensively addressed, including syndromes from all body regions while at the same time giving a rational for the use of micronutrient and antioxidant supplementation. In addition, the toxic load following modern life style and processed diets are being critically addressed outlining possible alternatives.
A chapter focuses on how patients by themselves can aid in the healing of impaired mitochondrial function, resulting in recuperation of cellular activity, restoration of well-being, and especially enhancement of cortical function. Patients education with extensive use of figures and tables in each individual syndrome aids the understanding while offering a comprehensive holistic approach.
- A detailed reference guide to diagnostic and therapeutic options for a broad spectrum of ailments and their common denominator in diabetes type 2, hypertonus, myocardial insufficiency, intestinal bowel syndrome is presented.
- Different sections outline diagnosis and management of individual syndromes such as fibromyalgia, chronique fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivity, Parkinson and Alzheimer.
- A large body of references provide the reader with additional information for further in-depth reading.
- The mode of action of antioxidants within the biochemical pathway is explained in an easy to understand fashion.
- The type of antioxidants are addressed, which increase cognitive function and vigilance preventing brain fog, fatigue, and attention deficit.
From the reviews:
“This is a treatise on how abnormalities within mitochondria cause chronic disease and how we can avoid these problems. The author’s goal is to raise awareness of the problem and how our daily food toxins can be avoided. The audience is lay people. ... This is an interesting ... description of mitochondrial disease.” (Vincent F. Carr, Doody’s Review Service, April, 2012)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Springer, 2011. Hardcover. Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. May include supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # mon0001132671