This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
To ensure that you, the foreign resident, fleeting visitor or armchair traveller, enjoy your stay in Laos, this is a light hearted but practical guide to the Dos & Don’ts of this country.
- Do ask before clicking the shutter – some Lao believe that cameras capture part of their essence.
- Do expect Lao food to require a few reunions before you become happily acquainted with it.
- Don’t be taken aback if a simple “what’s your name?” result in a shy smile. Lao often reserve their real names for family and close friends.
- Do apologise if you accidently touch the head of somebody as it can cause real offence. And at all times ladies must avoid touching a Buddhist monk.
- Don’t scoff at ghosts and spirits. Insulting them is avoided at all cost.
Want to know why guns are fired during a lunar eclipse? Then DO buy this book!
Size: 22 x 14.5 cm; colourful illustrations; soft cover.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description iGroup Press, 2009. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M9746520571
Book Description iGroup Press, 2009. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P119746520571
Book Description iGroup Press, 2009. Paperback. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 9746520571n