Advanced Electric Power Network Analysis focuses on the steady-state analysis of power systems, with more emphasis placed on network analysis. To meet the requirements for computerized calculations, mathematical expressions, such as matrix and vector descriptions, are adapted to computational solutions throughout the book. Mathematical modeling, methods of solution, and the implementation of computer programming are also integrated in a systematic manner. Part 1 introduces the fundamentals of electric power network analysis. The second part introduces the applications of steady-state analysis of electric power networks, with the focus on load flow and fault analysis. Apart from conventional load flow formulation, some special-purpose load flows, such as DC load flow, fast decoupled load flow, and sensitivity-based load flow, are discussed.
(1) Strong innovation. Many novel content, creative concepts, and innovative solution methods are provided and explained clearly.
(2) Novel teaching method. Not only do the authors introduce the concepts and theories clearly, but they also explain how to analyze the problems and derive solutions using the methods explained in the earlier chapters of Part 1.
(3) Written for a wide audience. This book introduces basic and common problems in electric power network analysis. This will satisfy the needs of postgraduate students and academic researchers from the diverse specialties of power system analysis.
(4) Combination of theory with practice. Most of the concepts and solution methods introduced in this book can also be used as practical applications of power systems analysis, which is especially useful for practicing power system engineers.
(5) A graphical-based approach is used to explain the application of the obscure sparse technique in solving network computation problems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Professor Boming Zhang received his M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China in 1982. He completed his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, in 1985. Since 1989, he has been teaching power systems analysis for postgraduate students at Tsinghua University. He has contributed more than 400 technical papers in the area of power systems analysis and control, especially in energy management system (EMS) of the electric power control center. He serves as the steering committee member of the International Workshop of Electric Power Control Center, and the steering member of the China National Committee of CIGRE. He is a senior member of the IEEE and CSEE and was made a Fellow of IEEE in 2009.
Professor Zheng Yan received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 1984, and his M.S. and Ph.D., also in Electrical Engineering, from Tsinghua University, Beijing, in 1987 and 1991. Before joining the Electrical Engineering Department of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2004 as a full-time professor, he was an Associate Professor at the Institute of Systems Science in Beijing (1992 2004). His research interests include application of optimization theory to power systems and power markets, voltage stability, and dynamic security assessment.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Cengage Learning Asia, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M9814253332
Book Description Cengage Learning Asia, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 440 pages. 9.30x7.10x0.80 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 9814253332