Gently used. Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: California Family Law Strategies is an authoritative, insider's perspective on the best practices for handling matrimonial and family law cases in the state of California. Featuring partners and founders from some of the state's leading family law firms, these experts guide the reader through the recent developments in California family law, including disclosure requirements, fiduciary duties, awards of child and spousal support, same-sex marriage, parentage rights, and move-away cases, and the approaches that lead to success when representing clients in these situations. Emphasizing settlement and mediation as important tools in resolving family law disputes, the authors guide the reader through the steps involved in preparing a family law case, from explaining the process to their client and obtaining appropriate documentation to handling hostile divorce proceedings and drafting settlement agreements. These leaders also offer advice on developing a strategy that meets the client's needs and moves efficiently towards a resolution. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating this emotional area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Hugh Thomson, Attorney, Law Offices of Hugh Thomson - "Exploring Hot Topics in California Family Law"
2. Mitchell Ehrlich, Partner, Lonich & Patton LLP - "A New Generation of Family Law Challenges"
3. Clifford Ross Chernick, Principal, Law Offices of Clifford Ross Chernick - "Family Law ADR and Other techniques"
4. Colin Thomas Greene, Principal, Hanlon & Greene PC - "Major Changes or Simply Minor Adjustments?"
5. Hal D. Bartholomew, Senior Partner, Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP - "Collaborative Practice in Family Law"
6. Barbara K. Hammers, Senior Litigation Partner, Hammers & Baltazar LLP - "Trends in Divorce and Custody in California"
7. Marshall W. Waller, Director and Shareholder, Feinberg & Waller APC - "The Impact of Financial and Societal Changes on Family Law"
Title: California Family Law Strategies: Leading ...
Publisher: Thomson West; Aspatore Books
Publication Date: 2009
Book Condition: very good
AbeBooks offers millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks from thousands of booksellers around the world. Shopping on AbeBooks is easy, safe and 100% secure - search for your book, purchase a copy via our secure checkout and the bookseller ships it straight to you.
New and used copies of new releases, best sellers and award winners. Save money with our huge selection.
From scarce first editions to sought-after signatures, find an array of rare, valuable and highly collectible books.
Catch a break with big discounts and fantastic deals on new and used textbooks.