Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: A comprehensive survey of all the countries and territories of Central and South-Eastern Europe, presenting the latest economic and political developments.
* Includes expert comment on issues of regional importance, up-to-date statistics, a directory of institutes and companies and political profiles
* Provides an impartial and current perspective on economic and political developments
* Over 750 pages of authoritative analysis, current statistics, directory data and biographical details.
* Leading authorities on the area analyse topics of regional interest. Subjects covered are: Central and South-Eastern European Economies; Social Policy and Welfare in Central and South-Eastern Europe: Legacies, Trends and Choices; Religion in Central and South-Eastern Europe; Minorities in Central and South-Eastern Europe; The Baltic Sea Region; The Former Yugoslavia After Milosevic; The Macedonian Question and The Environmental Dimension of Transition in Central and South-Eastern Europe
Individual chapters on every country containing:
* An introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each country, which includes a map and full chronology
* An extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, media and education.
* A full directory containing names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail and internet addresses for the following areas: the constitution, the government, legislature, local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judiciary, religion, the media, finance, trade and industry, transport, tourism, culture, education, social welfare, the environment and defence
* A useful bibliography, providing sources for further research.
* Biographical details on the leading figures in the region.
* Details of the membership, structure and activities of the principal international organizations operating in the region.
This is an impressive reference work providing an impartial and invaluable guide to the politics, economy and history of the region.
–European Access Plus
Recommended. Academic libraries.
–Choice, April 2004
Title: Central and South Eastern Europe 2004
Publication Date: 2003
Book Condition: Very Good
Book Description Routledge, 2003. Book Condition: Good. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has hardback covers. In good all round condition. No dust jacket. Library sticker on front cover., 2500grams, ISBN:9781857431865. Bookseller Inventory # 6840360
Book Description Europa Publications, London and New York, 2003. 4th Edition. 809 pp., Bibliotheksexemplar mit dem üblichen Rückenschild, Tasche hinten, sowie Stempeln, in Folie eingebunden, sonst guter Zustand. Ex-Library Ex-Lib sticker to spine and front cover, inside clean, tight and bright. Eng. Bookseller Inventory # 011319
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: Good. Ex-library, so some stamps and wear, and may have sticker on cover, but in good overall condition. Bookseller Inventory # Z1-Q-017-01962
Book Description Routledge, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 4th. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1857431863
Book Description Routledge, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1857431863
Book Description Routledge, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 800 pages. 10.98x8.43x2.13 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1857431863