We're sorry; this specific copy is no longer available. AbeBooks has millions of books. We've listed similar copies below.
We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory #
About this title:
- An "upstream" focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community.
- A "social justice" approach promotes health for everyone.
- Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Case Study: Application of the Nursing Process feature presents specific community components of the nursing process separately from individual and family.
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of current research to chapter content.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes summarize objectives and their importance in community health.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines introduce important concepts and terminology at the beginning of every chapter.
- Learning Activities at the end of each chapter ask you to apply concepts to the world outside the classroom.
- New Health Promotion and Risk Reduction chapter details the promotion of health and presents strategies that can identify risk factors for illness.
- Faith Community Nursing chapter reflects current terminology from the ANAÕs Scope and Standards of Practice, and includes more coverage of the spiritual health of clients.
- Health: A Community View chapter expands its discussion of the continual challenges and strategies associated with the delivery of health care.
- Communicable Disease chapter includes new information about public health surveillance, outbreaks, and bioterrorism.
- Cultural Diversity and Community Health Nursing chapter features new content on complementary and alternative therapies.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.