We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Richard Bertinet takes us on a journey through 50 recipes, starting with a selection of little dishes to serve for a casual lunch, through to soups and all its seasonal variations, to salads, fish dishes, meat dishes and finally some delicious, desserts. You will learn all sorts of tips — such as how to tell if a lime is juicy — as well as essential techniques like how to make the best omelette. Richard's relaxed attitude helps you achieve the ultimate goal — to feel more confident in the kitchen. Includes 110-minute dvd.
From the Publisher:
This is a quick and easy variation on the flat Spanish-style tortilla or Italian frittata. Instead of making one quite thick omelet, you make seven thin one --one plain and six with different flavorings--that cook in no time. You then stack them up and cut through them all so each layer tastes different. It is a great dish to serve with drinks at a party or as a snack.
Organization is the key here, so get your own little production line going. Have seven little bowls or glasses ready in front of you, each containing 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon milk, and a few twists of salt and pepper. Behind all but the first (which is going to be plain) have a bowl or glass with each of the flavorings: finely diced mushrooms; finely diced zucchini; skinned, deseeded, and finely diced tomato; finely diced or grated Gruyère; finely grated Parmesan; and finely chopped herbs.
Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper, ready to stack the omelets on as you cook them.
For 6 as an appetizer or 24 party portions
For each of the 7 omelets
2 large eggs (preferably free-range)
1 teaspoon milk
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the flavorings
2 button mushrooms
1/4 cup grated Gruyère
4 tablespoons Parmesan
small handful of mixed herbs, e.g., a few leaves of fresh sage, rosemary, thyme, and oregano
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan (about 8 inches in diameter) over medium heat. Ideally, use a nonstick omelet pan or a frying pan that you use regularly and know won't stick.
2. Quickly whisk your first set of eggs and milk with a fork and pour into the pan, lifting and tilting it so that the egg covers the whole of the base. Cook for about 11/2 minutes until the egg looks just cooked on top, and then slide it gently out of the pan onto your parchment paper. Don't overcook it; you will be putting another omelet on top of it in a minute or so, and as you keep on adding layers the heat of each omelet will continue to cook the one beneath.
3. Put another teaspoon of oil into your pan. Whisk your second set of eggs and milk, and repeat, but this time as soon as you spread the eggs over the pan, scatter over your first filling--in this case, the mushrooms. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, as before, and then slide on top of the plain omelet.
4. Continue in this way until you have one plain and six different-flavored omelets sitting one on top of the other. Then put another sheet of parchment paper on top of the stack and press down gently. The oil in each omelet will help them all to stick together as one.
5. You can serve the layered omelet warm or cold. Either way, cut into big wedges, or smaller bite-sized squares. If you want to serve small squares at a party, skewer them with toothpicks so that people can pick them up easily.
Title: Cook: In a Class of Your Own with Richard ...
Publisher: Kyle Books
Publication Date: 2010
Book Condition: Used: Good
Book Description Kyle Books, 2010. Book Condition: Fair. Har/DVD. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP88249706
Book Description Kyle Books. Hardcover. Book Condition: GOOD. Gently used may contain ex-library markings, possibly has some minor highlighting, textual notations, and or underlining. Text is still easily readable. Bookseller Inventory # 2793906201
Book Description Kyle Books. Hardcover. Book Condition: GOOD. Good clean copy with no missing pages might be an ex library copy; Possibly may have minor marginal notes and or highlighting. Bookseller Inventory # 2794682765
Book Description Cathie Limited, Kyle. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Minimal damage to cover and binding. Pages show light use. Bookseller Inventory # G1906868220I3N00
Book Description Kyle Books. Book Condition: Good. USED We here at Elistics have a 100% satisfaction guarentee. We also ship no later than next business day. Thank you for your business. Bookseller Inventory # 6-P-4-00616
Book Description Book Condition: Good. A used book in good condition. All pages are intact, and the spine and cover are also intact. Bookseller Inventory # 467EJY000ECY
Book Description Kyle Books, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Medium hardcover. Sound & good copy, light to moderate edgewear. Jacket has light to moderate rubbing/edgewear. Not price clipped. May not be available for international shipment at usual rates due to weight/size. Bookseller Inventory # 930534n
Book Description Kyle Books. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1906868220 Ships promptly. Bookseller Inventory # HGT3520ECIF111416H0375A
Book Description Kyle Books, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Mint!!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000050057
Book Description Book Condition: New. FAST shipping, FREE tracking, and GREAT customer service! We also offer International and EXPEDITED shipping options. Bookseller Inventory # 3D7DSF00173X