- Updated for 2018: This is the newest version of the best-selling Drupal book.
- Clear instruction: Learn Drupal 7 by following plain English, clear visuals and enjoyable step-by-step instructions.
- Hands-on learning: Master Drupal 7 by building a complete Drupal site.
Drupal 7 is an amazingly powerful web content management system. But many newcomers find it confusing, and most Drupal books are just too complicated to help. If you want to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time building sites that make you proud, this is the book for you!
Stephen Burge has taught thousands of beginners - and thousands more who've experimented with Drupal but haven't mastered it yet. Nobody knows more about guiding Drupal users up the learning curve!
Burge and the OSTraining team make learning fun. Like their online training, you learn by following enjoyable, step-by-step instructions. OSTraining books are written in plain English and are supported by plenty of online documentation and videos.
Drupal 7 Explained requires absolutely no experience with Drupal, content management, website construction, programming, scripting, or even HTML. Please note: This book is 100% aimed at Drupal beginners. Drupal 7 Explained contains very little code, and that is absolutely deliberate. If you want to learn how to create themes or code modules, there are other books for you. What You’ll Learn
You'll master Drupal 7 hands-on, through a complete case study, crystal-clear visuals, simple explanations, and on-target analogies, all extensively tested with real Drupal beginners.
Burge walks you through installing Drupal 7, planning sites that are easy to use and manage, adding content, and incorporating powerful site features without programming. Finally, Burge shows you how to run your site securely and efficiently, no matter how big or popular it becomes! About the Authors Stephen Burge
has split his career between teaching and web development. He now runs OSTraining.com, which specializes in teaching website development. OSTraining.com's clients include Apple, Pfizer, and the U.S. Departments of Energy, Education, and Commerce.
Burge's books are some of the world’s best-selling guides to the software they cover. Other books by Burge include:
- Joomla Explained (Addison - Wesley, 2011)
- Drupal 7 Explained (Addison - Wesley, 2013)
- Joomla 3 Explained (Addison - Wesley, 2014)
- MySQL Explained (OSTraining, 2015)
- Drupal 7 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Drupal 8 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Joomla 3 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Multilingual Joomla Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Magento Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- WooCommerce Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- WordPress Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
is an experienced Drupal trainer, who coaches clients side-by-side to build internal Drupal capacity while planning and developing their Drupal solutions. She specialized in user experience planning, configuration, and code strategizing, site building and project management. Table of Contents
About the Author:
- Drupal Explained
- Drupal Planning Explained
- Drupal Installations Explained
- Drupal Administration Explained
- Drupal Content Explained
- Drupal Fields Explained
- Drupal Taxonomy Explained
- Drupal Modules Explained
- Drupal Menus Explained
- Drupal Themes Explained
- Drupal Blocks Explained
- Drupal Views Explained
- Drupal Layout Modules Explained
- Drupal Users Explained
- Drupal Site Management Explained
Author Stephen Burge is one of the world's leading Drupal trainers: he has had more face-to-face interaction with Drupal learners than practically anyone. This book reflects all he's learned about how beginners learn best. It teaches through crystal-clear visuals, explanations, and analogies -- all extensively tested with real Drupal newcomers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.