Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory #
This definitive scholarly reference on the American Revolution―written by acclaimed researchers and military experts from around the world―covers the causes, course, and consequences of the war and the political, social, and military origins of the nation.
· Over 1,300 A–Z entries on various topics connected with the American Revolutionary War, including political issues, arms and battlefield strategies, important personalities, and sociocultural issues
· Over 150 distinguished international scholars and independent historians from a variety of disciplines, including experts from Great Britain and France, making this a truly international reference work
· An introductory section offering essays on the war's root causes, the catalyzing events that lead to its outbreak, as well as a synopsis of the war and an analysis of its long-term impact, providing context for readers wishing to know more
· A full volume devoted to key documents relevant to the period, including the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, speeches, and hard-to-find documents such as Anne Hulton's "Letter from a Boston Loyalist" and Joseph Martin Plumb's account of the mutiny on May 25, 1780
· 324 illustrations depicting colonial and Revolutionary America, plus an opening map section depicting major geopolitical relationships and large scale military operations, and 54 maps of the 13 colonies, theaters of operation, and individual battles on land and at sea
· A lengthy list of sources, both primary and secondary, covering all aspects of the Revolutionary War, including material on the foreign powers involved in the conflict, loyalists, and other subjects often overlooked in other works
How did they do it? How did a ragtag army and fractious group of lawyers, farmers, and businessmen—with far from unanimous popular support—defy a global empire and forge the most successful political revolution in human history, creating a blueprint for a nation that has endured for more than two centuries while so many others have failed?
Title: The Encyclopedia of the American ...
Publication Date: 2006
Book Condition: Good
Edition: 1st Edition.
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2006. Book Condition: Very Good. 1st Edition. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP35508764
Book Description Book Condition: Good. Support Your Planet. Buy CLEAN EARTH BOOKS. Shipping orders swiftly since 2008. A great value for the avid reader! GOOD can range from a well cared for book in great condition to average with signs of slight wear. Overall, All text in great shape! Comes with our 100% Money Back Guarantee. Our customer service cant be beat! Tracking included on all orders. Bookseller Inventory # 1QZ9JR00WNS4
Book Description Book Condition: Acceptable. This is a ex library book, stickers and markings accordingly. Bookseller Inventory # 34FCKY000MN8_ns
Book Description Book Condition: Very Good. In good condition and ready for quick shipment to any US location by an experienced and reliable seller. CDs and Access codes may not be included as is the case with most used books. Thanks for shopping with us!. Bookseller Inventory # 507846
Book Description ABC-CLIO 2006-09-30, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: good. 1. 1851094083. Bookseller Inventory # 522469
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 1851094083
Book Description Hardcover Nov 15, 2006. Book Condition: Used: Very Good. Complete set of 5 volumes. Ex-library books, usual markings but they wera a donation to the library and look as though they haven t been used. Clean text, sound bindings. Quick dispatch from UK seller. Bookseller Inventory # BOX-0840_BD_06/17
Book Description ABC-CLIO, Santa Barbara, CA, 2006. Hard cover. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 5 vols. 1760 p. Contains: Illustrations. Audience: General/trade. Very good in very good dust jacket. Five Vol. complete set. Ex-libary, usual markings. Front end page has "withdrawn" stamp. Cover clean and pages clean. Look "like new". Bookseller Inventory # Alibris.0004560
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-110765
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB110765