Brand New. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Concise, compact, and visually exciting, Essential Communication is a fresh approach to human communication. Written by renowned author team Ron Adler, George Rodman, and Athena du Pré, the text more accurately reflects the way that today's students communicate yet still includes more substantive content than other brief books on the market. Filled with skills-oriented concepts and learning objectives, Essential Communication is salient, practical, and engaging.
* A perfect balance of scholarship and practicality in a format that is comprehensive yet concise
* The most comprehensive and practical coverage of issues affecting communication in contemporary life-like social media, ethics, culture, and professionalism-in multiple contexts
* Early, integrated, and effective coverage of public speaking that encourages students to be more confident and effective communicators earlier in the course
* Superior ancillary materials, including an Annotated Instructor's Edition for professors and Dashboard, a reliable and easy-to-use online homework system for students, make it easy for anyone to use this text
* Three concise chapters devoted to interpersonal communication (Chapters 7-9) reflect the increased emphasis in this course on communication in relationships with friends, family members, and romantic partners
* An entire chapter devoted to the practical essentials of communicating for success in the workplace (Chapter 10) takes students step-by-step through the process of finding, getting, and keeping a job and communicating successfully with bosses, employees, and coworkers
* Contemporary photos and captions highlight popular movies, television shows, and pop culture, prompting students to think critically about their own communication
* Questions in the margins prompt students to think critically about the essential concepts in each major section
About the Author:
Ronald B. Adler is Professor Emeritus of Communication at Santa Barbara City College. He is author of Interplay, Twelfth Edition (OUP 2013), Looking Out, Looking In, and Communicating at Work: Principles and Practices for Business and the Professions. In addition to his academic pursuits, Ron works with businesses and nonprofit agencies to improve communication among coworkers as well as with clients and the public.
George Rodman is Professor of Mass Communication at Brooklyn College, City University of New York, where he founded the television writing program. He is author of Mass Media in a Changing World and Making Sense of Media.
Athena du Pré is Distinguished University Professor of Communication and Director of the Strategic Communication and Leadership master's degree program and the Health Communication Leadership graduate-level certificate program at the University of West Florida. She is the author of Communicating About Health: Current Issues and Perspectives, Fourth Edition (OUP 2014) and co-author of Understanding Human Communication (OUP 2014).
Title: Essential Communication Format: Paperback
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Book Condition: New
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: Good. 0199342369 Good condition instructor edition textbook. Seller Inventory # Z0199342369Z3
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2015. Paperback. Condition: Acceptable. Instructor's review copy. AL 2/21 Item is intact, but may show shelf wear. Pages may include notes and highlighting. May or may not include supplemental or companion material. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # mon0001393170
Book Description Oxford University Press, Incorporated. Condition: Good. Ships SAME or NEXT business day. We Ship to APO/FPO addr. Choose EXPEDITED shipping and receive in 2-5 business days within the United States. See our member profile for customer support contact info. We have an easy return policy. Seller Inventory # 43628416
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2015. Soft cover. Condition: New. 1st Edition. ***INSTRUCTOR'S EDITION***. Identical to student edition. May have small black tape on cover. SHIPS FAST! ! SAME DAY OR W/N 24 HOURS. EXPEDITED SHIPPING AVAILABLE TOO! ! ! USPS tracking info Included FREE! ! ! ! +. Seller Inventory # ABE-1520349007589
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2015. Paperback. Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # mon0001413508
Book Description Oxford University Press (edition 1). Paperback. Condition: Good. 1. Ship within 24hrs. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed. APO/FPO addresses supported. Seller Inventory # 0199342369-11-1
Book Description Condition: New. New Book. Seller Inventory # 0199342369-SBX
Book Description Used Book. Seller Inventory # 0199342369-STY
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2015. Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory # 0199342369-2-4
Book Description Oxford University Press. Condition: Good. 0199342369 USED US EDITION COLLEGE BOOK - Items do not contain any supplemental materials (access codes or cds) even if listed in the description or title. Books can have stickers, highlighting, writing, or tape (that could be used to mask instruct ed markings). Pages and Cover may have creases or scratches. Consumable items are filled out and completed. We ship out most orders within 1 business day all with Tracking Information. Seller Inventory # SKU1075098