1601461542 Good; Softcover; Light-to-moderate shelfwear to covers with a repaired tear to edge of back cover; Few tiny spot-like marks to right text-block edge; Inside pages bright and unmarked; Good binding with straight spine; This book will be stored and delivered in a sturdy cardboard box; Red and yellow covers with title in white lettering; 2nd Edition; 2008, HCPro Publishing; 406 pages; "Evidence-Based Competency Management for the Medical-Surgical Unit, Second Edition," by Barbara A. Brunt, et al. Bookseller Inventory #
End your struggle to assess, validate, and document the competency of your medical-surgical unit nurses.
NEW! Second edition includes evidence-based competencies!
You hire only the best nurses for your medical-surgical unit and you count on them to deliver optimum patient care even in the most complicated situations. The best way to measure and assess their readiness for anything that could come their way in the medical-surgical unit is through evidence-based competencies.
Now you don't have to spend time researching evidence-based competencies to assess your nurses' skill sets! Author Barbara A. Brunt, MA, MN, RN-BC, has taken her best-selling series and cited each competency with solid, reputable evidence so you can benchmark your staff against industry standards.
This second edition is fully revised with the latest regulations from The Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies. It ensures you have everything you need to meet and exceed evidence-based competency requirements. As a book and CD-ROM pair, this resource is a complete evidence-based competency program created specifically for assessing, validating, and documenting the skills of your medical-surgical nurses. You'll find proven tips and strategies for effectively evaluating the training needs of your staff.
Time-Saving Bonus! The accompanying CD-ROM includes all the skill sheets in the book. It's a snap to customize them to meet your needs.
This comprehensive, yet easy-to-use, resource consists of:
- 122 evidence-based competency skill sheets we've done the work for you by putting together ready-to-use assessment skill sheets
- 24 role-related skill sheets that make it easy to assess the competencies of staff members in specific positions
- 150 pages of invaluable information to help you develop or revamp your competency assessment program
- Best practices for selecting annual competencies for validation
- The Competencies Analyzer spreadsheet to help you document and track staff skills
- A CD-ROM containing each skill sheet ready for you to implement or customize for use in your facility today
This resource is jam-packed with expert advice to help you:
- Schedule and organize competency assessments.Use our proven formula to determine which evidence-based competencies to evaluate each year, and how to tie competencies to annual performance reviews
- Develop an evidence-based competency assessment program. Save time with practical strategies for designing a compliant, consistent, and effective competency assessment program
- Recognize the differences between mandatory annual training and competency validation. Don't confuse validating clinical proficiency with mandatory training topics such as fire safety and sexual harassment
- Maintain a consistent validation system. Ensure that clinical proficiency is assessed and validated in a consistent manner with our easy-to-implement skill sheets
- Keep up with new competencies. Stay current on requirements for verifying and documenting the ever-changing new and existing competencies, including those for new equipment
Table of contents at a glance:
Chapter 1: Why is competency validation required?
Chapter 2: What is competency validation?
Chapter 3: Include competency validation in job descriptions and the performance-evaluation process
Chapter 4: Train staff to perform competency validation
Chapter 5: Keep up with new competencies
Chapter 6: Using your skills checklists
About the Author: Barbara A. Brunt, MA, MN, RN-BC, is director of nursing education and staff development for Summa Health System in Akron, OH. Brunt is currently serving a two-year term as president of NNSDO. She has held a variety of staff development positions, including education coordinator and director, for the past 30 years. Brunt has presented on a variety of topics both locally and nationally and has published numerous articles, chapters, and books. She is a noted author, including Competencies for Staff Educators: Tools to Evaluate and Enhance Nursing Professional Development, published by HCPro. Brunt was joined on this project by contributing authors Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, Gwen A. Valois, MS, RN, BC, and Jane G. Alberico, MS, RN, CEN.
Title: Evidence-Based Competency Management for the...
Publisher: HCPro Inc
Binding: PERFECT PAPERBACK
Book Condition: Good
Book Description HCPro Inc. Book Condition: Brand New. Ships from USA. FREE domestic shipping. Bookseller Inventory # 1601461542
Book Description HCPro, Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1601461542
Book Description HCPro Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1601461542
Book Description Hcpro Inc, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 2nd paperback/cd-rom edition. 384 pages. 10.75x8.25x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1601461542
Book Description HCPro Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: Like New. Almost new condition. Bookseller Inventory # P011601461542
Book Description HCPro Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # P021601461542
Book Description HCPro Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111601461542
Book Description HCPro Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Second. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 1601461542
Book Description HCPro Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: Acceptable. Item is intact, but may show shelf wear. Pages may include notes and highlighting. May or may not include supplemental or companion material. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000947118
Book Description HCPro, Inc, 2008. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Bookseller Inventory # SONG1601461542