About this Item
Quantity Available: 1
Title: Exploring the Multiage Classroom
Publisher: Stenhouse Publishers
Publication Date: 1995
Book Condition: Fair
About this title
Book by Bingham, Anne A.From the Back Cover:
If you are planning to move into multiage or have already made that transition from a conventional classroom, you will welcome the honest, practical advice that makes Exploring the Multiage Classroom a genuine handbook - comprehensive, realistic, and accessible. You will see what teachers find rewarding in multiage teaching and why it works so well for children who can learn from the models provided by the literacy and learning of other children around them.
You will discover:
- Ideas for working with the entire class on a topic while guiding and accepting a variety of responses determined by the ability and developmental level of each child.
- Ways children can work effectively on an individual level, with partners, in small groups, and as a whole class.
- Suggestions for adapting all subject areas in your curriculum to a multiage setting.
- Chapters on integrated themes, oral language, student choice, literacy, math, assessment, moving into a multiage organization, and teaming.
- Contributions from other multiage teachers that give a picture of different ways of adapting school programs to include two to four grade spans.
- Appendixes that include a classroom materials list, sample schedules, and room layouts, and bibliographies of professional resources and children's books.
Grounded in the relevant philosophy, research, and theory, Exploring the Multiage Classroom is a treasury of ideas derived from Anne Bingham's wide classroom experience. Using the models she provides, you will understand how to create a classroom that celebrates diversity, continuity, and community-all characteristic of multiage education.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
accepted by seller