The Fifteen Minute Hour: Applied Psychotherapy for the Primary Care Physician
Available From More sellersView all copies of this book
This is a used ex-library book. Book is in good condition. Shows some minimal shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # 01-06-121000876
About this title:
- A standard in the field for training primary care practitioners in the principles of biopsychosocial medicine.
- Practical information is offered for the application of therapeutic interventions.
- An easy-to-use approach is designed to fit into a standard, fifteen minute office visit.
- The highly-respected authors bring with them over 60 years of combined experience.
- Listed on the "best sellers list" of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine since its introduction in 1986.
- All chapters have been updated with new references and new case material.
- A brand-new chapter on the use of psychotropic medication includes material on herbal products.
- Important material has been added on treating anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- New charts specify doses and side effects for a range of antidepressants.
- New material has been added on the use of narrative therapy, a variety of stress management techniques, cognitive restructuring, talking with adolescents, collaborative treatment, empowering patients, focusing on lifestyle changes, and maximizing the potential for achievement.
About the Author: Marian R. Stuart, PhD, Professor, Department of Family Medicine, UMDNJ-RWJ Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ; and Joseph A. Lieberman III, MD, MPH, Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Christian Care Health Services, Wilmington, DE
Title: The Fifteen Minute Hour: Applied ...
Publisher: Praeger Publishers Inc
Publication Date: 1986
Book Condition: Used: Good
Payment Methods Accepted by Seller
Dallas, TX, U.S.A.
AbeBooks Seller Since April 27, 2012
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described
on the Abebooks web sites. If you're dissatisfied with your
purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the
order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30
days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your
mind about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask
bookseller a question link to contact us and we'll respond
within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Store Description: Specializing in used medical books