About this Item
Quantity Available: 1
Title: Get in the Game: 8 Elements of Perseverance ...
Book Condition: Fine
About this title
In the spirit of Rick Pitino’s New York Times phenomenal bestseller Success Is a Choice, living legend Cal Ripken, Jr., presents an inspiring guide to overcoming any challenge and building a life you love.
Baseball’s all-time Iron Man, Cal Ripken, Jr., retired from baseball in 2001 after breaking countless records, including Lou Gehrig’s record for consecutive games played (Ripken played 2,632). Ripken is admired by thousands of fans not only for his relentless perseverance, but also for his unparalleled integrity. Now, in a stirring book that draws on his exhilarating career as well as the wisdom of his legendary father, Ripken shares rousing advice centered around his proven 8 Elements of Perseverance:
· The Right Values: hard work, excellence, honesty, and integrity
· A Strong Will to Succeed: advice for those who inadvertently "bench" themselves in life
· Love What You Do: tips for discovering where your true passion lies
· Preparation: ways to continually envision your next position and prepare for it as if it were already yours
· Anticipation: strategies for creating your own opportunities
· Trusting Relationships: how to build them in even the most turbulent environments
· Life Management: making time to enjoy the journey
· The Courage of Your Convictions: insight into how Ripken not only broke but far exceeded numerous records Cal Ripken is a sought-after advisor to fans from all walks of life.
From his numerous public-speaking engagements each year to his weekly "Ask Cal" column for the Baltimore Sun, he always brings a winning combination of compassion and motivation to each topic. A book for moms and dads, recent graduates, entrepreneurs, and anyone who is simply facing an important turning point, Get in the Game gives all of us access to legendary advice from a legendary achiever.
Cal Ripken, Jr., played twenty-one seasons with the Baltimore Orioles and has broken numerous baseball records, including Lou Gehrig’s record for consecutive games played (Ripken played 2,632). He is one of only eight players in history to achieve 400 home runs and 3,000 hits. His previous books include The Only Way I Know (which was a New York Times bestseller and a #1 Washington Post bestseller) and Play Baseball the Ripken Way: The Complete Illustrated Guide to Fundamentals (coauthored with his brother, Bill Ripken), also a national bestseller.
Donald T. Phillips is the bestselling author of major works of nonfiction, including Lincoln on Leadership and On the Wing of Speed. He has also collaborated on books with Mike Krzyzweski (Coach K of Duke University), Phil Mickelson, and Greg Norman.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Red Planet Books sells used, rare and out-of-print Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror books. We also carry a limited selection of eclectic non-fiction and modern first editions.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
accepted by seller
Check Money Order Cash PayPal