We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Films achieve their effects with sound as well as images. An ideal text for introductory film music courses, Hearing the Movies: Music and Sound in Film History brings music into the context of sound, and sound into the context of the whole film.
The text explores film sound in three parts. Through engaging, accessible sample analyses and exercises, Part I illustrates ways to analyze a soundtrack in relation to the image track. Part II focuses on the contributions of music to film form and style while offering a number of detailed analyses of different types of scenes; and Part III lays out a concise history of film music and sound, paying particular attention to the role of technological innovations in film production and exhibition.
* Detailed sample analyses with timings describe the function of sound and music in individual scenes
* Extended exercises suggest tools for basic analysis of the soundtrack
* Interludes at the ends of Parts I and II offer guidelines for writing about films in terms of their sound and music
* Historical coverage extends from the silent film era to the advent of digital technology and beyond
* Provides a broad range of examples from Hollywood, independent, and foreign films, as well as focused analysis
* Features sidebar commentary from industry professionals and more than 300 illustrations, including screen stills, photos, tables, diagrams, and musical excerpts
* Incorporates the broadest range of scholarship on film music currently available, spanning the disciplines of music and film/media studies
* Includes glossary of terms for easy reference
* Companion website at http://www.hearingthemovies.net offers additional resources for instructors and students
About the Author: David Neumeyer is professor of Music Theory in the School of Music at the University of Texas at Austin.
Title: Hearing the Movies: Music and Sound in Film ...
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 2009
Book Condition: Used: Good
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Acceptable. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0195327799
Book Description Book Condition: Very Good. In good condition and ready for quick shipment to any US location by an experienced and reliable seller. CDs and Access codes may not be included as is the case with most used books. Thanks for shopping with us!. Bookseller Inventory # 623505
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Fine. 0195327799 Like New, very light shelf wear. Publish date 2010. Bookseller Inventory # CORV-BBC-0K83166
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Bookseller Inventory # SKU8724691
Book Description Book Condition: Fine. Used book. May have cover wear and markings inside. Please do not buy used items expecting new suppliments. CD's, Access codes, or other suppliments are not included. Bookseller Inventory # 0195327799-LOCATION-22571
Book Description Book Condition: Very Good. Book Condition: Very Good. Bookseller Inventory # 97801953277933.0
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2009. Book Condition: very good. Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Bookseller Inventory # 9780195327793-3
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # P020195327799
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Like New. Almost new condition. Bookseller Inventory # P010195327799
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0195327799