Noticeably used book. Heavy wear to cover. Pages contain marginal notes, underlining, and or highlighting. Possible ex library copy, with all the markings/stickers of that library. Accessories such as CD, codes, toys, and dust jackets may not be included. Bookseller Inventory # 3181908280
Synopsis: For all who love the magical flavors of good Indian cooking and want to reproduce effortlessly some of the delectable dishes from that part of the world, here is a groundbreaking book from the incomparable Madhur Jaffrey that makes it possible. By deconstructing age-old techniques and reducing the number of steps in a recipe, as well as helping us to understand the nature of each spice and seasoning, she enables us to make seemingly exotic Indian dishes part of our everyday cooking.
· First, she tantalizes us with bite-size delights to snack on with drinks or tea.
· A silky soup is mellowed with coconut milk; a spinach-and-ginger soup is perfumed with cloves.
· Fish and seafood are transformed by simple rubs and sauces and new ways of cooking.
· A lover of eggs and chicken dishes, Jaffrey offers fresh and easy ways to cook them, including her favorite masala omelet and simple poached eggs over vegetables. There’s chicken from western Goa cooked in garlic, onion, and a splash of vinegar; from Bombay, it’s with apricots; from Delhi, it’s stewed with spinach and cardamom; from eastern India, it has yogurt and cinnamon; and from the south, mustard, curry leaves, and coconut.
· There is a wide range of dishes for lamb, pork, and beef with important tips on what cuts to use for curries, kebabs, and braises.
· There are vegetable dishes, in a tempting array—from everyday carrots and greens in new dress to intriguing ways with eggplant and okra—served center stage for vegetarians or as accompaniments.
· At the heart of so many Indian meals are the dals, rice, and grains, as well as the little salads, chutneys, and pickles that add sparkle, and Jaffrey opens up a new world of these simple pleasures.
Throughout, Madhur Jaffrey’s knowledge of and love of these foods is contagious. Here are the dishes she grew up on in India and then shared with her own family and friends in America. And now that she has made them so accessible to us, we can incorporate them confidently into our own kitchen, and enjoy the spice and variety and health-giving properties of this delectable cuisine.
About the Author: Madhur Jaffrey is the author of many previous cookbooks—six of which have won the James Beard Award—and was named to the Who’s Who of Food and Beverage in America by the James Beard Foundation. She is also an award-winning actress with numerous major motion pictures to her credit. She lives in New York City.
Title: At Home with Madhur Jaffrey: Simple, ...
Publication Date: 2010
Book Condition: POOR
Book Description Knopf, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: Good. Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, may not include cdrom or access codes. Customer service is our top priority!. Seller Inventory # S_289315639
Book Description Knopf Publishing Group, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: GOOD. Has little wear to the cover and pages. Contains some markings such as highlighting and writing. Seller Inventory # 0307268241_abe_gd
Book Description Knopf Publishing Group, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: VERY GOOD. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged. Seller Inventory # 0307268241_abe_vg
Book Description Knopf Publishing Group, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: acceptable. Moderate to heavy notes, marking, highlighting, noticeable wear and tear, worn covers, crease pages. Seller Inventory # 0307268241_abe_ac
Book Description Knopf, 2010. Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory # 0307268241-2-4
Book Description Knopf, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0307268241
Book Description Knopf, 2010. Hardcover. Condition: Near Fine. Dust Jacket Condition: Near Fine. 1st American Edition. Hardcover with dustjacket, first American printing as stated on copyright page, book is in excellent condition with one minor flaw: mild rubbing on the back cover, the jacket is also in excellent condition with mild rubbing on the rear panel, illustrated with full-page color photos and line drawings, ".enables us to make seemingly exotic Indian dishes part of our everyday cooking"; ; 301 pages. Seller Inventory # 049477