Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 1284140113n
Synopsis: AS OF FEBRUARY 2017: Each new print copy now includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Introduction to Human Disease: Pathophysiology for Health Professionals, Sixth Edition provides a broad overview of the most common and important human diseases for students pursuing careers in the health professions. Comprehensive yet accessible, it addresses the aspects of disease epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment that are essential to clinical practice.
The Sixth Edition of this popular text has been thoroughly updated to cover the latest advances in medical knowledge and practice, especially with regard to mental health and nutritional disorders. It also includes additional clinical information on treatments for diseases. Designed to facilitate learning, this essential reference features new full-color photos and illustrations, learning objectives, and practice questions for review and assessment. Introduction to Human Disease: Pathophysiology for Health Professions, Sixth Edition will help students gain a solid foundation in disease pathology and medical terminology to help them throughout their medical education.
· Provides a comprehensive introduction to the essential aspects of human disease
· Covers the most common and important human diseases, including mental illnesses
· Facilitates learning with chapter objectives, key terms, and practice questions
· Includes more than 400 full-color illustrations, photos, and tables
NEW TO THE SIXTH EDITION
· New photos and illustrations
· New and updated resources for instructors and students
· Updated content reflects the current state of medical knowledge and practice
· More clinical information, including general and specific treatments for diseases with an emphasize on common laboratory tests
· Chapter 26: Infectious Diseases and Chapter 27: Immunologic Diseases are revised and now included in Section 4: Multiple Organ System Diseases
· Chapters 24: Mental Illness and 30: Nutritional Disorders are revised, to bring them up-to-date with current health problems (e.g. obesity), concepts, and terminologies
About the Author:
Professor Emeritus, Department of Pathology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Director, Surgical Pathology and Associate Professor, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Title: Introduction to Human Disease: ...
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Publication Date: 2017
Book Condition: New
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning. Condition: Acceptable. Ships same or next business day with delivery confirmation. Acceptable condition. Contains highlighting. Expedited shipping available. Seller Inventory # 1000005851337-100
Book Description Condition: Very Good. A quality text at a great price. And we ship fast. CDs & Access codes may not be included as is the case with most used books. Seller Inventory # 4130392