Almost in new condition. Book shows only very slight signs of use. Cover and binding are undamaged and pages show minimal use. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: The ultimate handbook for LTC insurance presents practical, third party information in clear, easy-to-understand language - then personalizes the information by explaining how to customize benefits for those shopping for a policy or how to evaluate an existing policy. This 167 page reference guide contains a special section with information on justification of inflation coverage and an explanation of virtually every policy feature on the market today that is not available in any other publication. The 1999 edition features new sections on The Cost of Waiting and Savings vs. LTC Insurance. The Long-Term Care Planning Guide continues to receive national exposure because the information is so current ... Health Care Reform, recent policy developments, Medicaid eligibility and the increasing efforts surrounding transfer of assets legislation, Medicare Supplement and the current year's Medicare program information.
Additional sections cover the importance of LTC insurance as a company benefit, plus a special section on the LTC Partnership Programs available in several states and a chapter on alternatives to the standalone LTC policy such as accelerated death benefits, reverse mortgages as well as the increasingly popular single premium life insurance/long-term care policies and LTC annuities.
In only moments after receiving your copy and looking through this in-depth and thoughtfully written volume of information, you will see why people refer to the Long-Term Care Planning Guide as the consumer resource for long-term care financing.
From the Author: Long-term care is the REAL health care crises in America. The purpose of this book is to provide families with a sense of urgency to PLAN AHEAD for long-term care and the necessary information to do so. Most Americans think long-term care is mainly nursing home care for the elderly. That is a myth. Less than 15% of people needing long-term care are in nursing homes; the other 85% are being cared for mostly at home, some in adult day care, and assisted living is the fastest growing form of long-term care. And, 40% of the people needing long-term care are working age adults, ages 18-64! At almost $50,000 a year for daily 8-10 hour shifts of home health care or semi-private nursing home care, and costs tripling in the next 20 years, I believe that long-term care is the REAL health care crisis in America. In fact, the projection is that elder care will replace child care as the #1 dependent care need in the next century because 1 out of 3 workers will be caring for an aging family member. Private long-term care insurance is the most efficient, least expensive way to plan ahead, especially when purchased at younger ages (30's - early 60's) and is still not expensive at older ages when compared to paying the actual cost of long-term care. However, LTC insurance is not for everybody. This book provides detailed information about LTC insurance that is not available in any other publication. It also give ideas for people who are unable to qualify for the insurance for health or financial reasons, such as reverse mortgages, viatical settlements, and the Medicaid program is explained in detail. You owe it to yourself and your family to plan ahead for long-term care, because oftentimes the dignity of the family depends on the financial resources available when a tragedy strikes. My goal is to help families retain dignity when long-term care is needed, and I believe the Long-Term Care Planning Guide is a huge step in that direction for those families that take advantage of its information. Thank you.
Title: Long Term Care Planning Guide 9th Ed. 1999
Publisher: Shelton Marketing Services, Inc.
Book Condition: As New
Book Description Shelton Marketing Services, Inc., 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. May have light shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # BK0114809
Book Description Shelton Marketing Services, Inc. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Book has a small amount of wear visible on the binding, cover, pages. Bookseller Inventory # G0963351656I3N00
Book Description Shelton Marketing Services, Inc., 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Good condition, some are ex-library and can have markings. Bookseller Inventory # GD-083-65-4674904
Book Description Shelton Marketing Services, Inc., 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very good. Bookseller Inventory # HH-083-65-4674904
Book Description Shelton Marketing Services, Inc., 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-083-65-4674904