Maternity and Women's Health Care - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 11e
Published by Mosby, 2015
Printed Access Code /
Quantity Available: 0
Available From More Booksellers
View all copies of this book
About the Book
We're sorry; this book is no longer available. AbeBooks has millions of books. Please enter search terms below to find similar copies.
We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory #
About this title:
The #1 maternity book in the market is getting even better. Maternity and Women's Health Care, 11th Edition provides evidence-based coverage of everything you need to know about caring for women of childbearing age. Not only does this text emphasize childbearing concerns like newborn care, it also addresses wellness promotion and management of women's health problems. In describing the continuum of care, it integrates the importance of understanding family, culture, and community-based care. Boasting new medication alerts and updated content throughout, this edition covers the new maternal levels of care, and the revised AAP policy on breastfeeding and infant sleep.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity nursing textbook deliver the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Clinical reasoning case studies provide you with opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and to apply knowledge in various settings.
- Community Activity boxes focus on maternal and newborn activities that can be pursued in local community settings and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Cultural Considerations stress the importance of considering the beliefs and health practices of patients from various cultures when providing care.
- Emergency boxes provide information about various emergency situations and offer a quick reference in critical situations.
- Family-Centered Care boxes highlight the needs and concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
- Medication guides provide an important reference of drugs and their interactions.
- Nursing care plans include rationales for interventions and provide you with an overview of, and specific guidelines for, delivering effective nursing care.
- Safety alerts highlighted and integrated within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Signs of potential complications highlight vital concerns, alerting you to signs and symptoms of complications and the immediate interventions to provide.
- Teaching for Self-Management boxes highlight important information that nurses need to communicate to patients and families for follow-up care.
- NEW! Content updates throughout give you the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- Chapter 1 covers interprofessional education, accountable care organizations, and expanded content of TeamSTEPPS.
- Chapter 5 includes human trafficking and the implications on women’s health.
- Chapter 8 includes the most current forms of emergency contraception.
- Chapter 15 covers the March of Dimes initiative to eliminate elective births before 39 weeks of gestation.
- Chapter 19 covers the new maternal levels of care in the hospital setting.
- Chapter 24 will reflect the updated AAP policy on newborn circumcision.
- Chapter 25 will include the revised AAP policy on breastfeeding and infant sleep.
- NEW! Updated evidence-based practice boxes focus your attention on current research to improve patient outcomes.
- NEW! Medication alerts highlighted and integrated within the content alert you to critical drug information that you must consider to provide safe patient care.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Title: Maternity and Women's Health Care - Elsevier...
Publication Date: 2015
Binding: Printed Access Code
Book Condition: Used: Good
AbeBooks offers millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks from thousands of booksellers around the world. Shopping on AbeBooks is easy, safe and 100% secure - search for your book, purchase a copy via our secure checkout and the bookseller ships it straight to you.
Search thousands of booksellers selling millions of new & used books
New & Used Books
New and used copies of new releases, best sellers and award winners. Save money with our huge selection.
Rare & Out of Print Books
From scarce first editions to sought-after signatures, find an array of rare, valuable and highly collectible books.
Catch a break with big discounts and fantastic deals on new and used textbooks.
More Books to Discover