Medical Terminology & Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2e
Published by Mosby, 2014
Printed Access Code /
Quantity Available: 0
Available From More Booksellers
View all copies of this book
About the Book
We're sorry; this book is no longer available. AbeBooks has millions of books. Please enter search terms below to find similar copies.
We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory #
About this title:
Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding integrates expanded anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology coverage with the latest medical terminology you need to correctly code in ICD-10. The ICD-10-CM classification system serves as the structure for organizing diseases and disorders, with carefully drawn, well-labeled illustrations to help you visualize the associated anatomy. ICD-10 coding guidelines and notes, along with electronic medical records and integrated exercises are interspersed throughout the text. A robust Evolve site includes games, activities, and animations to reinforce learning.
- Medical terminology specifically tailored to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS guidelines supply you with an excellent foundation for learning the medical terminology related to ICD-10-CM.
- Learn all the anatomy and physiology necessary to be able to understand medical reports and code accurately in ICD-10-CM/PCS.
- Pathology terms organized by ICD-10 disease and disorder categories let you learn terms in the same order they are presented in the coding manual.
- Guideline Alert! boxes highlight ICD-10-PCS coding information when relevant to medical terminology.
- Special Notes boxes present ICD-10 features that affect your understanding of the terminology presented.
- Root operation tables illustrate the root operations in PCS and their associated suffixes.
- Body Part key provides a complete list of body parts and how they should be coded in ICD-10.
- Pathology and procedure terminology tables list the word parts for each term, along with the definition so you become familiar with prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms.
- Exercises interspersed throughout the text encourage you to practice and learn as you move through the material.
- Be Careful! boxes warn you about similar and potentially confusing word parts and medical terms.
- Games and activities on accompanying Evolve website offer an easily accessible source for extra interactive practice and learning.
- Electronic medical record format illustrates the appearance of electronic records now being used in many healthcare settings.
- NEW! Pharmacology in each body system and a Pharmacology Basics appendix help you recognize drugs and medications in medical reports.
- NEW! More than 50 new images bring terminology to life.
- NEW! Additional procedural terms supply a more complete picture of the number and kind of procedures you will encounter on medical reports.
- NEW! Normal Lab Values appendix familiarizes you with normal and abnormal lab values so you know when to search a medical record for possible additional diagnoses.
- NEW! Tablet and mobile-optimized Evolve activities offer an easily accessible source for extra interactive practice and learning.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Title: Medical Terminology & Anatomy for ICD-10 ...
Publication Date: 2014
Binding: Printed Access Code
Book Condition: Used: Good
AbeBooks offers millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks from thousands of booksellers around the world. Shopping on AbeBooks is easy, safe and 100% secure - search for your book, purchase a copy via our secure checkout and the bookseller ships it straight to you.
Search thousands of booksellers selling millions of new & used books
New & Used Books
New and used copies of new releases, best sellers and award winners. Save money with our huge selection.
Rare & Out of Print Books
From scarce first editions to sought-after signatures, find an array of rare, valuable and highly collectible books.
Catch a break with big discounts and fantastic deals on new and used textbooks.
More Books to Discover