Cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage. May have light creases on the cover and binding. Some pages may contain writing and or highlighting. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Ideal for leisure and business travelers. THE RED GUIDE features hotel and restaurant recommendations in 12 titles for Europe. THE RED GUIDE highlights fine dining with the renowned Michelin stars (one to three) as well as offers suggestions for local cafes and authentic local cuisine, coined "Bib Gourmand." Updated annually, the guides utilize internationally recognized symbols with explanations in English. The 2001 edition lists 4,067 hotels and 3,135 restaurants including 3 three-star restaurants, 19 two-star restaurants, 187 one-star restaurants, 170 Bib Gourmand's, 905 restaurants with meals for less than 35,000 ITL.
From the Publisher: The Michelin Guide’s Commitments
Designed specifically for its readers, the Michelin Guide features a selection of the best hotels and restaurants in all comfort and price categories. Michelin supports its selection with five commitments that are presented at the beginning of the Guide to draw them to the reader’s attention. These commitments have been applied by the Guide and its inspectors for more than a century, since the first Michelin Guide France was published in August 1900:
· Anonymous inspections: Inspectors make regular and anonymous visits to hotels and restaurants to gauge the quality of products and services offered to an ordinary customer. They settle their own bill and may then introduce themselves and ask for more information about the establishment. The approximately 45,000 letters received from readers every year are also a valuable source of information, which can then be followed up with another visit.
· Independence: The choice of establishments is a completely independent one, made for the benefit of the readers alone. The decisions to be taken are discussed around the table by the inspectors and the Editor. Inclusion in the Guide is completely free of charge. Michelin alone decides which establishments are selected and included in the Guide.
· The selection: The Guide offers a selection of the best hotels and restaurants in all comfort and price categories. In making their selection, inspectors rigorously apply the same methodology everywhere.
· Annual updates: Practical information, ratings and distinctions are reviewed and updated every year to ensure their accuracy. With each new edition of the Guide, hundreds of thousands of items are checked, modified, enhanced or changed.
· Consistency: The criteria for the classifications are the same for the 21 countries covered by the Guide, taking into account the different characteristics of each country.
· ...For more than a century, the Guide’s one and only objective has been to use its extensive resources to provide readers with a pleasurable experience whenever they travel or dine out. This goal is fully in line with Michelin’s stated mission of contributing to a better mobility.
Title: Michelin THE RED GUIDE ...
Publisher: Michelin Travel Publications
Book Condition: VERY GOOD
Book Description Michelin, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: Very Good. Very Good condition with no significant faults. Clearly used but very few minor defects. Will look good on your book case after reading but may not be suitable as a present unless hard to find elsewhere SECURE DAILY POSTING FROM UK. 30 DAY GUARANTEE. Seller Inventory # mon0002405616
Book Description -. Hardcover. Condition: Very Good. Michelin Red Guide 2002: Suisse (Michelin Red Hotel & Restaurant Guides) This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. Seller Inventory # 7719-9782061001844
Book Description Michelin, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: Very Good. Dispatched from the UK. *EXPRESS DELIVERY AVAILABLE AT CHECKOUT*. Seller Inventory # mon0000195168
Book Description Michelin, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: Good. 9782061001844 Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Seller Inventory # 9053-9782061001844
Book Description Michelin 04/01/2002, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: Very Good. Shipped within 24 hours from our UK warehouse. Clean, undamaged book with no damage to pages and minimal wear to the cover. Spine still tight, in very good condition. Remember if you are not happy, you are covered by our 100% money back guarantee. Seller Inventory # 6545-9782061001844
Book Description Michelin Travel Pubns. Hardcover. Condition: VERY GOOD. Light rubbing wear to cover, spine and page edges. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. Possible clean ex-library copy, with their stickers and or stamp(s). Seller Inventory # 2822421316