From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. This go-to medical reference book offers masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face each day, in addition to providing the most up-to-date information available for effective board preparation.
"Miller’s Anesthesia continues to serve as the most in-depth review textbook of contemporary anesthesia". Reviewed by: Genevieve Lalonde on behalf of Canadian Journal of Anesthesia Date: Jan 2015
- Address the unique needs of pediatric patients with guidance from an entire section on pediatric anesthesia.
- View more than 1,500 full-color illustrations for enhanced visual clarity.
- Access step-by-step instructions for patient management, as well as an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Quickly reference important concepts with ‘Key Points’ boxes integrated into every chapter.
- Stay current on today's most recent anesthetic drugs and guidelines/protocols for anesthetic practice and patient safety, and access expanded coverage on new techniques such as TEE and other monitoring procedures.
- Remain at the forefront of new developments in anesthesia with coverage of hot topics including Non-OR Anesthesia; Role of the Anesthesiologist in Disasters; Sleep Medicine in Anesthesia; Perioperative and Anesthesia-related Neurotoxicity; Anesthetic Implications of Complementary and Alternative Medicine; and Robotics.
- Study brand-new chapters on Perioperative Fluid Management; Extracorporeal Support Therapies; Anesthesia for Organ Donation/Procurement; and Malignant Hyperthermia and other Genetic Disorders.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to conveniently search the full text, references, tables, and index from the book on your favorite devices, in addition to accessing regular updates, related websites, and an expanded collection of procedural videos.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
About the Author:
Ronald D. Miller, MD, MS, Professor Emertius of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.