Museum Volunteers: Good Practice in the Management of Volunteers (Heritage: Care-Preservation-Management). Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Museum Volunteers is a practical handbook on the use of volunteers as interpreters within museums. Drawing on key examples of outstanding practice from the UK and North America, this book forms a unique resource on volunteerism.
* reviews research on the changing priorities of museums
* examines a form of volunteering that has provided benefits to all participants in an activity similar to museum interpretation - student tutoring
* describes and analyses the strengths of five exceptional volunteer programmes in Canada and the USA
* reports the finding of five volunteer programmes set up and managed by the authors in the Science Museum, London
* examines the development process of the pilot studies and the consequent establishment of a permanent volunteer programme in the Science Museum, London
* discusses the mutual benefits that volunteer programmes can bring to museums and volunteers
* offers suggestions on the practical day-to-day management and administration of volunteers.
This book is essential reading for anyone involved with the management and administration of a museum, or, is thinking of offering their services to a museum as a volunteer.
About the Author: Sinclair Goodlad is Professor of Sociology of Higher Education at Imperial College and a leading expert on the use of volunteers within museums. Stephanie McIvor has worked as a manager in the Science Museum in London since 1991. In 1995 she launched the Museum's new volunteer programme.
Title: Museum Volunteers: Good Practice in the ...
Book Condition: Good
Book Description Routledge, 2017. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780415510479 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 10 working days. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0230706
Book Description Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 144 pages. 9.50x6.75x0.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0415510473
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW Softcover - 144pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow an added 2-3 weeks for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Bookseller Inventory # 1980916
Book Description Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0415510473
Book Description Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0415510473
Book Description Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110415510473
Book Description Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # P020415510473
Book Description Routledge, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 0415510473