Former Library book. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: When Mimi and Papa get invited to the most famous horse race in the world, Grant and Christina tag along. They meet up with a couple of horsy friends and start to have some fun! But then, mysterious things begin to happen: first a horse disappears, then two jockeys! The next thing you know, the kids are finding clues that may help them solve the mystery and save the race! But it's a two-minute race to the finish line! Come along and help them!
LOOK what's in this mystery - people, places, history, and more!
Kentucky Derby history, facts, and traditions · Horses and jockeys · Great Steamboat Race on the Ohio River history and facts · Triple Crown races · Ohio River and Falls history and facts · Riding clothes facts · How to Ride a Horse · Pony breeds · Difference between Horse and Pony · Pegasus Parade history · Churchill Downs · Eva Bandman Park · Kentucky Derby Museum · Falls of the Ohio Interpretive Center.
Like all of Carole Marsh Mysteries, this mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that will keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, built-in book club and activities.
Below is the Reading Levels Guide for this book:
Grade Levels: 3-6
Accelerated Reader Reading Level: 4.3
Accelerated Reader Points: 3
Accelerated Reader Quiz Number: 79512
Lexile Measure: 670
Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Level: Q
Developmental Assessment Level: 40
Get your FREE Resources!
1. Download the Carole Marsh Mysteries Real Kids! Real Places! Correlations to Common Core/State Standards HERE.
2. Download the Where Have You Been map HERE.
3. Utilize the Real Kids! Real Places! Common Core State Standards Teacher Resource for classroom discussion questions and activities for ELA grades 2-6. This can be used for all 50 mysteries HERE.
4. Download additional activities including Fact or Fiction, Fascinating Facts, Book Club Discussions and Book Club Activities HERE.
5. Want a sneak peak? Read the first three chapters HERE.
About the Author:
Title: The Mystery of the Kentuky Derby (Real Kids!...
Publisher: Gallopade International
Publication Date: 2004
Book Condition: Fair
Book Description Gallopade International, 2004. Condition: Good. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Seller Inventory # GRP93019485
Book Description Gallopade International, 2004. Condition: Very Good. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Seller Inventory # GRP105230966