Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Negotiating and Drafting Employment Agreements provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the best practices for representing clients involved in employment agreement negotiations. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through each phase of the negotiation process, covering the steps from the initial investigation into a candidate's background to the final wording in an agreement. These highly experienced legal minds emphasize key provisions when drafting employment contracts, such as establishing restrictive covenants and determining at-will employment clauses. In addition, these top attorneys discuss emerging trends in employment agreement language, including non-competition provisions, cross-border employment issues, and regulatory concerns, and offer insight into the impact of today's economy on agreement terms and considerations. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating this quickly changing area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives and lawyers (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies and firms nationwide. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is heading and the most important issues for the future. Each author has been selected based upon their experience and C-level standing within the professional community.
1. Michael J. McNamara, Partner, Seward & Kissel LLP - "Drafting the Right Employment Agreement for Today's Changing Times"
2. Walter M. Stella, Partner, Bingham McCutchen LLP - "The Employment Lawyer's Challenge: Achieving the Client's Goals While Minimizing the Legal Risks"
3. Sharon K. Malheiro, Senior Shareholder, Davis Brown Law Firm - "Designing the Optimal Employment Agreement for an Employer Client"
4. Domenico Zaino Jr., Partner, Carmody & Torrance LLP - "New Issues and Challenges in Today's Employment Agreements"
5. Mary A. Gambardella, Partner, Wiggin and Dana - "The Importance of Proper Employment Agreement Drafting"
6. Jonathan B. Orleans, Partner, Pullman & Comley LLC - "Key Terms in Today's Employment Agreements"
Appendix A: Sample Senior Employment Agreement
Appendix B: Employment Agreement Term Sheet
Appendix C: Sample Employment Agreement
Appendix D: Sample Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreement
Appendix E: Sample Employment Agreement
Title: Negotiating and Drafting Employment ...
Publisher: Thomson West, Aspatore Books
Publication Date: 2010
Book Condition: Good
Book Description Thomson West, Aspatore Books, 2010. Paperback. Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. May include supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # mon0001083331
Book Description Thomson West, Aspatore Books, 2010. Paperback. Condition: Used: Good. Seller Inventory # SONG0314267824