About this Item
Quantity Available: 2
Title: Organisations and Management in Social Work ...
Book Condition: New
About this title
Providing a comprehensive and critical examination of the complex issues involved in the management and organisational contexts of social work practice, this book will help readers to:
- Critically evaluate organisational theory, managerial techniques and organisational structures.
- Develop strategies for ethical and reflective organisational practice.
- Understand how to plan and manage change in learning organisations.
- Unpick important themes such as leadership, supervision, risk, decision making, and accountability.
- Explore the potential for increasing service user and worker participation in organisations.About the Author:
Dr Mark Hughes is Professor of Social Work in the School of Arts and Social Sciences, Southern Cross University, Australia. He has worked as a social worker in health, aged care and mental health settings in both Australia and the UK. He has also worked as a social work academic at the University of Queensland, the University of New South Wales, and Goldsmiths College London. Mark’s research interests centre on organisational practice, social work with older people, and lesbian and gay ageing. Mark is co-author of six books, as well as a range of journal publications.
Dr Michael Wearing is a Senior Lecturer in the Social Work Program, The School of Social Sciences, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia. He teaches in a range of areas of theory, policy and practice in social work and criminology notably on organisational practice, human and health service delivery and working in youth justice and related areas. He trained as a social worker and sociologist at UNSW and maintains a strong research and publishing career in social policy and applied sociology in Australia and internationally.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
All orders are dispatched within 2 business days via a trackable service.
All tracking numbers are uploaded when the order has been dispatched.
accepted by seller