Periodontology for the Dental Hygienist - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 4e
Published by Saunders, 2013
Printed Access Code /
Quantity Available: 0
Available From More Booksellers
View all copies of this book
About the Book
We're sorry; this book is no longer available. AbeBooks has millions of books. Please enter search terms below to find similar copies.
We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory #
About this title:
With an emphasis on recognizing periodontal problems and suggesting appropriate treatment, Periodontology for the Dental Hygienist, 4th Edition, covers the essential information that dental hygienists need to provide effective client care. Full-color illustrations and a focus on evidence-based research help you understand and apply the latest in periodontal therapy, from initial patient evaluation to patient education. This edition includes updates on issues such as the links between oral and systemic health, dental implants, and the use of lasers. Written by Dorothy Perry, Phyllis Beemsterboer, and Gwen Essex, all experienced dental hygienists and clinical instructors, this reference also prepares you for success in classroom tests and on the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
- Comprehensive, dental hygiene-specific content provides an in-depth look at all the areas of periodontics that directly affect the dental hygienist’s role in oral health care.
- Focus on evidence-based practice reflects the best of current thinking as related to the treatment of gingival and periodontal diseases and conditions.
- High-quality radiographs, histographs, and color clinical photos depict many gingival and periodontic conditions, disease states, and treatments to help in patient evaluation and in determining an appropriate course of treatment.
- Logical, practical coverage addresses the day-to-day role of the dental hygienist in the care and treatment of the periodontium, progressing in sections from essential background information through the foundations of therapy, assessment of disease and conditions, treatment of diseases and conditions, and the results of therapy.
- Multiple-choice and short-answer study questions appear at the end of each chapter, helping you assess your knowledge and review for classroom and national board exams.
- Learning outcomes in each chapter identify the most important content and learning goals for each chapter.
- Key vocabulary is listed at the beginning of each chapter and noted in color within the text.
- References in each chapter direct you to specific classic and emerging studies.
- An Evolve companion website includes case studies, practice quizzes, flashcards, and image identification exercises.
- Updated content focuses on hot topics including the ever-increasing link between oral and systemic health, the link between physical fitness and periodontal health, caries detection, the use of lasers, collaboration with orthodontists in the use of temporary anchorage devices (TADs), dental implants, and drug therapies.
- NEW content on prognosis includes information on the effectiveness of periodontal therapy, bringing together the data supporting maintenance therapy for prevention of tooth loss and attachment loss.
- NEW! Clinical Considerations boxes demonstrate how theories, facts, and research relate to everyday practice.
- NEW! Dental Hygiene Considerations at the end of each chapter summarize key clinical content with a bulleted list of take-away points.
- Expanded student resources on the Evolve companion website include clinical case studies, practice quizzes, flashcards, and image identification exercises.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Title: Periodontology for the Dental Hygienist - ...
Publication Date: 2013
Binding: Printed Access Code
Book Condition: Used: Good
AbeBooks offers millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks from thousands of booksellers around the world. Shopping on AbeBooks is easy, safe and 100% secure - search for your book, purchase a copy via our secure checkout and the bookseller ships it straight to you.
Search thousands of booksellers selling millions of new & used books
New & Used Books
New and used copies of new releases, best sellers and award winners. Save money with our huge selection.
Rare & Out of Print Books
From scarce first editions to sought-after signatures, find an array of rare, valuable and highly collectible books.
Catch a break with big discounts and fantastic deals on new and used textbooks.
More Books to Discover