PLUNKETT'S GAMES, APPS & SOCIAL MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2012
-Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
-Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
-Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
-In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
-Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 200
Geographic Focus: Global
Published Date: June 2011
Next Edition: June 2012
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
-How is the industry evolving?
-How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
-How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
-What is the size of the market now and in the future?
-What are the financial results of the leading companies?
-What are the names and titles of top executives?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry
1) User Generated Content Drives Social Media and Generates Ad Revenues
2) Social Media Privacy Concerns Plague the Industry
3) Multimedia Hub Homes Slowly Become a Reality/TVs are Internet Ready
4) New Platforms Revolutionize Electronic Games/Microsoft's New Kinect Raises the Standard
5) 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Some Safety Concerns Arise
6) Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Raise User Expectations and Deliver Mobile Entertainment
7) Big Trends Include Kindle, ebooks and new Mobile Tablet Entertainment Devices like Apple's iPad
8) Bluetooth Provides Wireless Connectivity to Millions of Cellphones and Other Devices
9) Fantasy Sports Post Growth, Creating $1 Billion in Revenue Online
10) Multi-Player Gaming (MMORPGs) is Strong Worldwide
11) Virtual Worlds Open Up New Revenue Sources
12) Online Play/Social Gaming on the Rise
13) TV over IP: TV Networks, Cable Companies and Web Sites Converge
14) Apple Rules in Apps/Android Plays Catch-up
15) Wireless Devices Become a Fast-Growing Market for Electronic Games/Angry Birds Major Success
Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics
About the Author:
1) Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Overview
2) Top 10 Social Networking Websites: May 2011
3) Percent of Home Broadband Adoption Across Population Subgroups, U.S.: 2006-2010
4) Top 10 PC Game Titles Played, U.S. - December 2010
5) Top Console Usage, U.S. - December 2010
6) Top 5 Search Engines, U.S.: May 2011
7) Cellular & Other Wireless Telecommunications, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2006-2009
8) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2003-2010
9) Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, 2006-2009
10) Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Operating Expenses, 2006-2009
11) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2006-2009
12) Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2007-2009
13) Wireless Standards & Speeds
14) Common Internet Activities, U.S.
15) Common Daily Internet Activities, U.S.
Jack W. Plunkett is CEO & Publisher of Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based provider of market research and industry information in printed and electronic formats. Plunkett Research provides analysis, statistics and other vital data on all major industry sectors, from InfoTech to Retailing to Banking and Nanotechnology. Plunkett's client list includes 10,000 leading corporations, universities and government agencies worldwide. Plunkett's research products are distributed electronically through subscriptions to its website and around the globe by major booksellers and news distributors, including Bloomberg and ThomsonReuters. Jack Plunkett is the author of numerous books, including The Next Boom: What you absolutely, positively have to know about the world between now and 2025. This book won a 2011 gold medal in the Business Book Awards competition sponsored by Axiom and INC Magazine. Plunkett is frequently interviewed as an expert source by publications such as Time magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and Investor's Business Daily, media outlets such as NPR's Marketplace, ABC, and CBS Marketwatch, as well as local and regional newspapers and national columnists. Plunkett received an Academic Book of the Year Award for his Plunkett's Health Care Industry Almanac, and he was a regional finalist in the Entrepreneur of the Year Awards sponsored by Ernst & Young.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.